Bring your wallet!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly a top shelf boat.
A/C, generator, twin 350 hp outboards...

I love Parkers, especially mine. But can you imagine the downeaster you can have custom built for 300k. For that kind of coin a Parker wouldn't be on my radar.

I agree with the above, for that kind of money I would be in a true down east boat.

This is not the boat for me,
to be fair tho'

Will that downeaster be a 50 MPH 21 degree battleship
that's so quiet you can hardly hear running and will
draft 2' (MOL) with engines tilted ?

mtk2120":1ngc9i32 said:
I love Parkers, especially mine. But can you imagine the downeaster you can have custom built for 300k. For that kind of coin a Parker wouldn't be on my radar.

I agree ! I know I'm just a piker but I don't get it??
A Parker for that kind of money ??
Hey I guess somebody is forking it out I just wonder how many...
I figure if you smart enough to have that kind of money to drop down
There are much better options.
Not that Parker is not a outstanding boat but they better put a lot more in her for that kind of money.

Bryan 2530":cv9d7m3t said:
That Downeaster also won't rattle your teeth out and will burn 12-14 gal an hour.

If you slow the Parker down to the Downeaster speeds, it won't rattle your teeth and the fuel burn will be a lot closer to 12-14 an hr. But you can run 50mph if you need to! :D

No it won't.

2 different hulls. The Parker is going to want to plane where the DE is displacement.
At slower speed the Parker will sacrifice ride and economy. Plus lack of keel will cause you to pitch pole around.

That is a very common mistake most people make.

Parker really needs to have the option to put in inboard in the 3420. Get rid of those gasoline sucking outboards. I truly believe the sales of those boats would increase. Then you gain the feel of the way a boat that size is suppose to perform. Been on an Evans 38 with 3 of those big Yamahas and that boat would beat you to death. Only way Evans could sell that boat was to put a diesel in it. I loved my 2520XL, but what a pain it was to fish around that engine on the bracket.

Charles Blizzard
Eden, Maryland

Back