Bulkhead Mounted Step

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I've searched the board but have not found anything on this topic yet-wondered if anyone else had tried it yet. I have a 1995 2520 which I keep on a mooring. On a typical day I might go forward 1/2 dozen times or more between coming/going, anchoring and fishing. While the gunwale is not as tall as an XL it still results in some tired and sore knees over a course of several days. I don't want to take up space with step stools nor do I tend to trust them on a wet/pitching boat.
Last year I picked up a pair of transom steps at a consignment shop thinking that I might mount mount one on either side of the house to give a little boost getting up forward. The ones I have are off a Bayliner but similar to this- http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360910716985?lpid=82 If I mount them on the outer rear panel they will be unobtrusive I believe and will not interfere with the door. I certainly plan on a backing plate inside but wondered what else would be advisable-stiffening to the deck or even "L" braces on the deck inside to distribute the weight.
Has anyone done this and can they share tips and photos of the project?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Saw a fb molded step on an XL and really liked it. A cooler would be most of the height of the gunwale and often in the way behind the pilothouse. A mounted step seems like it would be a handy option for going forward as the rocket launcher gives a good handhold at that point as well.

Back