C Hawk vs Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seankingfisher

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used 23' to 25' Parker. I have come across a few adds for C Hawks. Most of these ads say something comparing these boats with Parker. While I have my heart set on a Parker most I've seen have been out of my price range. I was wondering what Parker owners think of these boats.

Thanks

SeanKingfisher

There was a detailed post on this exact topic not long ago either here or on THT, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find it.
Basically the concensus was that the CHawk is narrower, lighter, has less headroom and the cabin is smaller mainly due to the narrower beam.
The fit and finish are acceptable but not Parker quality.
I've been out on a couple 25 hawks and the ride was acceptable for the mild conditions, don't know about rougher weather.
Basically they are a decent, no-frills fishing boat but you can tell why they cost significantly less.

Long after you have forgotton about the price advantage of the CHawk you are going to be reminded about the quality...

Buy an older Parker vs a newer CHawk.

Just my Opin

The Virginia Marine Police formerly ran C-Hawks and a Marine Police Captain with 40+ years experience told me that they really beat you up in any kind of rough water. I was looking at used C-Hawks at the time and shifted my search based on his advice. Others might of course feel differently.

Back