CABELAS AGM BATTERIES

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Cabela's AGM Batteries. They are having a pretty good sale on them right now. I see that they use a bolt instead of the wingnut. Also, some of the reviews on the cabelas site complain about small battery posts.

Has anyone had any trouble with these - in particular, can you get them in the batter boxes in the back of the center consoles and still reach to turn that bolt down?
Thanks

whats the advantage of AGM over traditional deep cycle lead acid plates?

I'm replacing batteries this year, got 4 years out of my last pair, retiring them to make sure I don't run into trouble with them where I least expect it.

CaptainJim":8jcmhwz1 said:
whats the advantage of AGM over traditional deep cycle lead acid plates?

This link might help to explain better than I can.
http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Batter ... 0Batteries

I have a set of Optima AGM's in my boat that I installed in 2003,. They have never been removed, and they are still going strong.

But... after 7 years of trouble-free service, my plan is to replace them this year with the biggest set of Lifelines that I can stuff into the battery boxes.
My Optimas will be relegated to powering the backup 12vdc sump pump in my basement. :)

What model Optimas do you have??

I have one bluetop in mine right now but need to buy a second one this season, any suggestions??

I was looking at those Cabela's myself. They seem a bit slimmer and might fit in my tight quarters.

Around October I had a Cabela group 27 AGM that would not take a charge. I'm assuming it had a shorted cell. It was right at 3 years old.

I replaced them both with Lifeline AGMs.... Cost a bunch but from what I've read they are considered the best.

The Lifeline's look better, stronger and certainly have larger and stronger posts.

I think it is a matter of good, better, best... Cabela AGM in my book was only a "good".

Richard

west marine has SeaVolt AGM batteries on sale right now, I just grabbed 2 for $159 each for group 24s, 5 year pro rated warranty.

The sale price was the same as the port supply price, so whatevs...

Back