CABIN CARPET

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 05 2320 that i am going to remove cabin carpet and paint . Has anyone taken on a project like this and how did you make out?

I haven't but I just bought an 01 that was never carpeted. Love it so far- a clean look.

Brent- curious what you mean it pops?

Brent":1qboptq8 said:
Very glossy and well made - Clean

Agree! I'm a big fan so far of no carpet. Louder for sure! But seems like it will be easier upkeep. As if parkers could get any more rugged- but no carpet does add another level of rugged.

Brent":26k826i7 said:
No. Behind the wall covering is gelcoat and it pops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is very interesting stuff. What do you mean it’s pops ? My 05 carpet is starting to get moldy. So it looks ok when removed ? Is there tons of glue to remove?

I have not removed any carpet in my boat but should not be difficult. I expect 3M has a remover and use a soft rubber tool like for body putty spreader. Needs to be soft. Maybe a steam carpet cleaner will soften the glue. I expect others will comment

Brent":14kor1rk said:
It stands out and so smooth and glossy

I want to do this, remove carpet in cabin. I was hoping for pictures????

Brent":3bnq1rqv said:
Pull a corner and try to remove with a soft edge putty knife and 3M adhesive remover or other gelcoat safe solvent

I like to see how the job came out. Anyone with pictures?

Did this project ever pan out? I just bought a 2003 2520XL, and will be giving her a facelift and repower this winter. Searches on here, and the two Facebook groups reveal numerous discussions about this endeavor, but I can't seem to find any outcomes. Best I can find is someone did it, and applied a marine type LineX material.

traftonjordan":2l2rs4hq said:
Did this project ever pan out? I just bought a 2003 2520XL, and will be giving her a facelift and repower this winter. Searches on here, and the two Facebook groups reveal numerous discussions about this endeavor, but I can't seem to find any outcomes. Best I can find is someone did it, and applied a marine type LineX material.
I need to remove carpet on my 2005 2320. There’s a lot of stuff need to be removed. The SS hand rails - shifter - lights- the list goes on but most of all is the wiring hardness for all the electronics.

Back