Chesapeake members - BOLO for stolen boat!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
This boat belongs to one of my neighbors and an avid fisherman. It was stolen from his in-water slip while he was on busniess travel sometime this week between Mon and Thurs. This boat sat directly across from mine in my boatyard. :(

Boat is a 2003 (I think) Wellcraft 29 Coastal with a flag blue hull and white topsides hung with twin 225 Evinrudes.
Photos and more information can be seen at the following link on Tidalfish.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesape ... -boat.html

coachbob":scejewxn said:
i am going out tomorrow on the lower Chesapeake- i will keep an eye out. If I see them should I shoot the dirty b--tards?

He!! yes!

I'll even lend you my Mossy 590 Mariner loaded with 9 rounds of Remmy "Slugger".
I think boat thieves should be shot like horse thieves... :evil:

FishPimp":1gc2u0bs said:
kev give him that schweet Ruger 10/22
Post some actual pictures here and any custom options that stand out. I agree is is one of the most dispicable of crimes and I hope justice is served. I will keep my eyes open and pass info to other fellow captains. :twisted:

maxout":3r34ixcz said:
Post some actual pictures here and any custom options that stand out.

No problemo...

Here is a stern shot. The boat name is on the transom door, port side.
Bay's Rocker 2. "Bay" is Tobys sons name.

Image-2427F9B6C80711DA.jpg

3/4 view from the bow.
The VA registration was removed when Toby moved back to Annapolis from VA Beach.
The boat is now documented...

Image-C741B2263AB811DB.jpg

I don't know if I've ever seen another 29 Coastal with a flag blue hull, white topsides, green bottom paint, tan canvas, and most importantly... white Evinrude outboard motors.
That is what makes it most unique.

Thanks for spreading the word guys. Toby was all set to fish the Boatyard Bar and Grill tourney yesterday, and in addition to the boat being stolen, all of his fishing gear, along with 225 gallons of fuel was aboard. He lost everything... :(

That much fuel might get the boat to Coinjock before it had to refuel, but probably no further.
Just a thought.

Boat Recovered! - Thieves Arrested!

Here is the story straight from the owner.

UPDATE - BOAT RECOVERED BY VIRGINIA POLICE

Hello All,

GREAT NEWS. The Boat has been recovered and the 2 thiefs are now looking at a lot of years behind bars...

Special thanks to all the Tidal Fishers that have been searching for this boat, the help made all the difference!

The boat was found by Mike, at Mike's Marine Service in Urbanna, VA (this is the Remlik Marina). The thiefs stopped by for gas and their stories just didn't make sense to Mike and the folks at the marina. Mike quickly called the police and Officer Dobyns, of the Urbanna Police Department, made the arrest yesterday afternoon. Both thiefs are now spending their time behind bars.

Also - special thanks to Dave Ashby of Tidal Fish that started the area search. David saw the boat at Port Kinsale Marina in Kinsale, VA on Saturday afternoon. He immediately called me and the hunt was on.

A couple of details for those that want to know.
The boat appears to be in good shape (according to Mike and Officer Dobyns).
The name on the stern was removed.
It was a guy and a girl, roughly age 26. Both are currently in jail, charges have been filed.
They are doing an inventory now, but most of the gear appears to be still on board (we may be short a few rods).
They were caught yesterday afternoon at the Remlick Marina in Urbanna.
The male thief said I was his father, and had passed away leaving him the boat (FYI - he is 26, I'm 34 - that would be interesting).
He told Mike several stories, that he was taking the boat to Florida, that he was taking it to MD, etc... and then changed the story several more times.
These and other comments led Mike to call the police.
The thiefs are charged with Grand Larceny and Obstruction of Justice.
I'll be getting the boat back to Annapolis immediately.

What an unbelievable story this has been. Again, very special thanks to all the Tidal Fisher's that were looking out for this boat - Especially David Ashby and Mike of Mike's Marine Service in Urbanna. What an incredible community to be a part of!

My family and I thank all of you for the support, help and suggestions over the last week.

Thanks,

Capt. Toby of the Re-Claimed Bay's Rocker 2

Latest posts

Back