Classic floors in cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentislandparker

Reaction score
I should be fishing , but finished removing the floors this weekend, this is what a 88 25 cabin looks like. Stringers were not completely glassed and the underside of the floor was not glassed at all. I cut out everything bad including the right stringer and replaced all with marine grade wood glassed on both sides . Used epoxy everywhere. I must say for a 20 year old boat the glass in very strong and in great shape. I wanted the boat to be like the new ones so i glassed both sides of the stringers and will do both sides of the new floors soon. More pics to follow it got to dark.
WOULD LIKE TO ADD 2ND BILGE in the front any idea where to put it ?

Attachments

• Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,015
Good job.
i have the same boat, 89 model but looks identical.
My floors are in good shape but would like to compare notes about what you've found under there and get some measurements if i could.
I'm also interested in installing a forward bilge pump but wasn't sure where to cut a hole or of the low-point.
PM me your phone # I'd like to check it out in person if possible.
I'm just across the Bay.
Thanks,
Steve

Take a look at this photo...

The pie-plate just aft of the v-berth curtain is where the access is to my forward bilge.

Image-AAD8C446065811DC.jpg

This is what it looks like inside that pie-plate.

Image-5C4D35B64F5411DB.jpg

The through-hull for the forward bilge exits in this area of the v-berth.

Image-3DB8E2FA88FD11D9.jpg

Does that help?

Helps a lot Kevin, I'll probably want to take a closer look at this years raft-up. Probably a project for next winter, but I'll start planning now.
Steve

Back