ClassicParker Annapolis, 2007 Rendezvous #1

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Well... it's been a busy weekend! :)

The Second Annual 2007 ClassicParker Annapolis Rendezvous was a great success thanks to the participation of all our great members! 8)

I was honored to have CP members Parker (Brad) and jpg1969 (Jim) drive down for the day from the Philadelphia area to meet all of the Chesapeake area CP'ers. 8)
That's dedication!!

Mary Jo, Brad, Jim, and I had the hook set in Whitehall Bay before 1100, and made preparations to receive our first guest, who happened to be Timbo in his sweet 21SE!

Image-8059D41E48F311DC.jpg

Image-60BDC85648F111DC.jpg

Next up was another CC, CP member J.A.Veil!
Last year, John had the only CC at the Rendezvous... This year was different. 8)

Image-60BE456948F111DC.jpg

Next up was Anthony and family (coming all the way from Middle River) in his very clean 2510 WA.

Image-60BE9F3848F111DC.jpg

Notice the Parker flag! :)

Image-60BF4CD248F111DC.jpg

It's starting to get busy now... :)
Next up is Capt John Deering in his beautifully equipped 23SE.

Image-60BF1E2E48F111DC.jpg

Another CC? :shock:
Yep... that is CP member Boondoggle in his beautiful 18!

Image-60BF799D48F111DC.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder where all the pilothouses are... :(

Next up is CP member Porkchunker in his well appointed 2510!

Image-60BFD20348F111DC.jpg

Finally!
Knot Many, one of my favorite 2520 MVSC's, with a big-block inboard slips into the lineup. 8) Oh, if the factory still made this model...
Daves boat is the same year as mine, but it is as different as it can be.
I love it...

Image-60C02FD048F111DC.jpg

Yea!!! Sandpiper, a very cool 1989 2520 MVSC came up from Deale with 'Joe' (da dawg). :)
I never did get to ask Steve... is she a Sou`wester?

Image-60C05BBF48F111DC.jpg

And our only non-Parker this year... Todd stopped by to hang out with us for awhile...
Todd is a regular contributor to ClassicMako which is where he and I first met.
Todd wanted to see if ClassicParker folks were as rabid about their brand as ClassicMako folks...
The answer is yes. :D

Image-60C0EBBD48F111DC.jpg

Stay tuned for 'part 2'.

Megabyte":1ct00cro said:
Well... it's been a busy weekend! :)

The Second Annual 2007 ClassicParker Annapolis Rendezvous was a great success thanks to the participation of all our great members!

Wow! I'm going to have to get some tips on how you pulled that off!
I started a thread to try and gather the West Coast Florida boys to no avail.... :cry: Reality is, I haven't seen a lot of Parkers in these waters.

We're in Sea Ray Hell....

ScoopsAhoy":1aitj9d7 said:
Wow! I'm going to have to get some tips on how you pulled that off!

The reality is that the members actually pulled it off.
All I did was pick the date and the place, and the members showed up!

I billed it as a "low key" event, and it was.
No 'organized activities', just relaxation and fellowship on the water.

Some folks grilled and some chilled... There was lots of conversation, cold barley pops, swimming, boat dogs, smoked rock and bluefish (thanks Dave!) and Anthony fixed some yummy grilled croaker that tasted like chicken, and drum that tasted like pork (right Tim?). :lol:

Truth is, most of already knew each other from our participation on the Tidalfish boards, as well as other local fishing related events such as Wish-a-Fish and local fishing clubs like the SRRKC, in addition to being members of CP.

Brad and Jim were telling us that folks up their way generally hang out at the BassBarn, which is their 'local' fishing board.

I would guess that 98% of Parker owners also fish, so if you have a local fishing board, I would bet you'd find other Parker owners to hang out with. Heck... CP member Porkchunker has steered many a Chesapeake angler to this board using his patented "koozie toss". 8)

Of course, it also helps that there is a pretty high concentration of Parker owners in the Chessie. :wink:

SeaRay hell? Yep, we have that... and the sailboats outnumber the SeaRays by 200 to 1. :roll:

Kevin,
Glad that all had a great time. Looking at the photos I would have to say that it was a banner outing.
The down side is that I am too far away to attend.
Tom

On behalf of the crew on Knot Many, I would like to thank Kevin & Mary Jo for organizing a great raft up. It was nice meeting everyone & we all had a great time. The photo's are excellent. Dave,

Donna, Stephanie, Rachel and myself want to thank Kevin and Mary Jo and everyone else for a great time. The kids are looking forward to "Parker-thon III" next year, I'll bring the Croaker again.

Back