Cleaning Tips

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KG

Reaction score
Had my first offshore voyage in my Parker. Slammed the cod, haddock and pollock. The boat performed well beyond my expectations. I ran 40nm offshore in a 2-3'ft head sea. The trim tabs make a world of difference but what amazed me was the fuel economy of the f250 Yamaha!!
Anyways, the reason for my post is to find out which cleaning methods/solutions have worked best for everyone on the deck? I have read "barkeepers, bleach, orange zep, lysol toliet bowl cleaner....? The great day of fishing provided for a messy deck that the "dawn" is really not touching.
Thanks for the input.

Bleach is the key. I keep it in an old spray bottle and dilute it on the deck then move around with a brush. Let sit and rinse. 8)

Bleech & Woody Wax! Thanks guys. I went on the Woody Wax website and ordered some, have any of you ever tried any of there other products? Such as hull wax on the outside, I have always had good luck with regular old car wax. I was told there is not much of a difference b/w the marine grade wax and automobile wax?
How about a product for stainless handrails?

I had a slammer fishing trip this past Sat with over 40 Fluke boated. There was bits of bait, fish slime and blood all over the cockpit.

I made a mix of Simple Green and bleach in a 5 gallon bucket of water and it cleaned up spic and span.

I like the Meguiar's Premium Marine Wax for the hull. Goes on and off pretty effortlessly. I always try and stick with waxes made for the car and waxes made for the boat. They might all be OK on the boat but I don't take chances on the gel coat. I use the Woody Wax on the stainless and aluminum too. You can also use it on your battery terminals (per instructions) if your so inclined. Good stuff, a little goes a long way.

KG":2u0en4e7 said:
Bleech & Woody Wax! Thanks guys. I went on the Woody Wax website and ordered some, have any of you ever tried any of there other products? Such as hull wax on the outside, I have always had good luck with regular old car wax. I was told there is not much of a difference b/w the marine grade wax and automobile wax?
How about a product for stainless handrails?

I recently bought the Woody Wax Liquid Carnuba spray wax. That stuff works great! Like Randy, I use the Meguires wax, but for an easy on and off wax, the spray stuff is hard to beat.

I'm actually keen on all the products they make. I'm going to buy the boat wash next.

Every time after I wash my boat, I'll take a cotton glove and spray the Woody Wax on it and then put it on my hand and run it over all the stainless rails and aluminum.
Keeps it looking good

Back