CP BUSINESS CARD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyAmalfitano

Reaction score
Over at "Albin Owners" .com they developed a business card to pass out to Albin owners who were not aware of the web site. I was mailed a few, but I think a downloadable file for printing on business card stock would be the way to go. It worked for the Albin folks to attract new members to the site. AND, it should work for Parker People too!
What do you think?

I think it's a great idea!

Last year, some of us took CP koozies and placed them in zip-lock bags with an invitation to join us, along with the web site address.

Whenever we saw a Parker at a dock, a ramp, or on the water, we'd toss one of the koozies into the cockpit.

CP member Porkchunker is the master at rounding up new members that way! 8)

FWIW I've been trying to locate a suitable give-away item priced around $0.50 or less that could be used to toss onto other boats. Best I have seen so far is one of those throwing rings, which would cost me ~$0.70 each for (100). But the KILLER is the shipping! I switched from foam koozies to the collapsible style as when the postage went up, almost HALF the cost of my CP koozie price (which is THE lowest of any boat brand owner's site) goes towards shipping.

I was hoping to find 'cheap' foam key-rings ...

Coming soon to CP!

CP stickers (UV proof) in small and large sizes in both the center console (CC) and sport cabin (SC) logo. Plus I have a new batch of (100) collapsible koozies on order in the cabin boat logo. I have about (80) CC logo koozies on hand too.

Please note I intended to make this 2nd Annual Rendezvous this year, but I can't as I have a family member who's very sick that I must attend to. That said, all CP boats going to the Annapolis Rendezvous will be receiving free CP stickers to match their boat configuration, as a gift from me. I am very sorry I cannot attend and I must acknowledge and thank Capt Kevin for another invite to stay with him & MJ while I attend this CP event. Alas, I sure wish that I could ...

Yes...I have to fess up...I'm the master of the "Kozzie Bomb". Have bombed about a dozen Parkers from the Bay Bridge all the way down to Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base near Virginia Beach.

Dale...I'm not happy to hear you are dumping the Koozies. Can I still buy them from your maker/distributor on my own?

DaleH":u6rgcdaw said:
FWIW I've been trying to locate a suitable give-away item priced around $0.50 or less that could be used to toss onto other boats. Best I have seen so far is one of those throwing rings, which would cost me ~$0.70 each for (100). But the KILLER is the shipping! I switched from foam koozies to the collapsible style as when the postage went up, almost HALF the cost of my CP koozie price (which is THE lowest of any boat brand owner's site) goes towards shipping.

Dale -

I have an idea you may want to consider --customized cedar lures with the Classic Parker logo. Last winter, I went to a small outdoor show in eastern PA. One of the few fishing vendors there had some really pretty hand-made wooden plugs. I do not normally throw hard plastic or wooden lures, but these looked so nice that I had to buy some. They are "Pierson Plugs" made by Bill Pierson and his family from Perkiomenville, PA http://www.piersonplugs.comI have no connection with this company, but thought the product looked very nice.

I ended up buying 10 plugs, all poppers with concave heads. Several were natural wood (some cedar and some of another wood with distinctive grain). Others were painted with a series of stripes. The company will custom-make lures to your specification.

A few weeks ago I caught two stripers on one of his lures on a day when the usual jighead and plastics were being ignored. Later that weekend, I was visiting family in eastern PA and decided to make a visit to Bill's tiny tackle shop in Perkiomenville, PA where the wooden popper had been made. Bill was really happy to hear how I had caught stripers on his lures. He spent an hour showing me his workshop and new prototypes models. I ended up getting about a dozen more lures to give out as Christmas presents.

He is willing to do custom jobs and can add the Classic Parker logo if you provide him with a sticker. The prices are quite reasonable, particularly for a bulk order or if someone goes directly to his shop to pick the order up.

Attachments

• plugs%20001.JPG
    plugs%20001.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 651
  • plugs%20002.JPG
    plugs%20002.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 651
  • plugs%20003.JPG
    plugs%20003.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 651
Topwater is hot right now in this part of the Bay region.
I was catching blues and schoolie rock around TPL on Friday evening using several Lonely Angler plugs...

I don't normally start throwing topwater until the fall, but I'm not going to complain about what's working! :D

I'd be happy to send Bill a sticker and have some plugs made up for myself.
Once he has the logo, members could just order what they want direct, and ask for the CP logo. :)

Back