Crack above port windshield?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquinnah

Reaction score
I was changing a wiper blade today when I noticed a disturbing horizontal crack above the port windshield, about 18" in length. Looks to be in the gelcoat only. None visible on the starboard side. Interesting because I often keep the starboard window open when underway, rarely the port. I will have dealer address over the winter. Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• August2007 139 (Medium).jpg
    August2007 139 (Medium).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 513
All I can say is "Ouch" that doesn't look good at all. That is way beyond any type of repair I would attempt.

Sorry to see that. Good luck.

jim

My guess is the frame is twisting and tweaking the gelcoat and/or glass as you run with the window open. Should be an easy fix.

gw204":3kcct7fi said:
My guess is the frame is twisting and tweaking the gelcoat and/or glass as you run with the window open.

:shock: Should you NOT run with the window open when running?

It's 95 degrees, in the shade, here!!!

gw204":3jhladsd said:
My guess is the frame is twisting and tweaking the gelcoat and/or glass as you run with the window open.

:shock: Should you NOT run with the window open when running?

It's 95 degrees, in the shade, here!!!

I've always felt that undo stress would be put on the window frame if the window was wide open during any pounding while underway. As such, I always shut them almost all of the way in those conditions.

My dealer said he would take care of it over the winter, blaming it on excessively thick gelcoat in that area. It helps that I store my boat with the dealer over the winter - not sure how convenient that repair would be if I didn't.

Back