Decarbinizing 250 Rude DI (2002)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, thats how I do the decarb -- by filling up the fuel/water separator with seafoam.

-- Tom

I must have missed this one Daniel... Let me take a stab at it. :)

Do you have the ability to hook a small portable tank to your fuel system?
If so, the easiest way to decarb is to do that (use a portable tank) and to treat the fuel at a ratio of 1 oz of Ringfree to 1 gallon of fuel.

If you don't want to use Ringfree, you could use StarTron, or SeaFoam, but the idea is to use whatever you select at the 'shock treatment' rate.

If you don't have the ability to use a portable tank, simply treat the fuel in your fuel tank at a rate higher than the maintenance dose. For Ringfree, that is 1 oz of Ringfree per 10 gallons of fuel. Again, StarTron or SeaFoam could be substituted.

If you use the second method, it might take a little longer to get her cleaned up, but it will work. Don't worry about 'overdosing' on the decarbonizing products. StarTron says on their label that you can't overtreat.

Personally, I treat every tank of fuel with both Ringfree and StarTron, and I also add StaBil. My OX66 has never run better than it does right now, so I always recommend using a decarbon agent at ever fill-up. My mechanic agrees. :wink:

danielb":190i8tkv said:
... can I fill up the fuel filter bowl and run the thing till it smokes and shut it down, wait the 30 minutes and then run the hell out of it.
Decarb every 50 hours, maybe 100 hours on a DFI or new tech 4-stroke.
but DO NOT run the 'hell' out of it. Run around at headway speed for 15 minutes, then get on plane for 15 minutes and then has some speed blasts, but don't go full bore right off :shock: !

Megabyte":190i8tkv said:
Personally, I treat every tank of fuel with both Ringfree and StarTron, and I also add StaBil.
Waste of $$ IMHO. I agree with the RingFree every fill up and if I too was running an OX66 Yummie with an oxygen sensor, then I too would use RingFree or Seafoam (cheaper) every fill up too.

Just my opinion, but you're adding so much other crap that'll just be burned out ... Star*Tron replaces the Stabil for in-season use. Save your $$ Captain ;) !

Back