Don't have a Parker yet, but looking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New guy

Reaction score
Good afternoon, new to this site and Parker boats. I'm moving up to a larger boat from a 15 foot deep v aluminum John boat that I have had for years. Live in southwest Florida and want t explore nearshore, and even close offshore fishing maybe 10-12 miles out. Have had much luck inshore but just want to learn a different fishery. I really like the Parker walkaround. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank

Good afternoon, new to this site and Parker boats. I'm moving up to a larger boat from a 15 foot deep v aluminum John boat that I have had for years. Live in southwest Florida and want t explore nearshore, and even close offshore fishing maybe 10-12 miles out. Have had much luck inshore but just want to learn a different fishery. I really like the Parker walkaround. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank
Hi New Guy, welcome to Classic Parker! After I joined I found this site has the most knowledgeable, helpful, and cordial members anywhere! You will too...

Hello @New guy, welcome to CP. Good luck on your search for a Parker walkaround. Are you still fishing inshore?

Hello @New guy, welcome to CP. Good luck on your search for a Parker walkaround. Are you still fishing inshore?
Yes, I do still inshore fish. Have a couple of friends and neighbors that like to go. Catch a lot of snook and jack crevalle, mango snappers this time of year. Big sheepies, black drum and occasional Pompano in the winter. Love southwest Florida, wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

That's fantastic. Do you do diving and spearfishing?

I have a 2001 Parker 2110 Walk around with a 2020 Suzuki Outboard with very low hours and a trailer I'm willing to sell for the right price. I am installing a new gas tank as I'm writing this so for another 2 weeks it's going to be in the shop getting this done. It has new hydraulic steering and all new electronics and new batteries. Let me know if you.re interested . I live on the SE coast of Florida. When I see your reply if you're interested give me your email address and I'll email you back my phone number.

Hi New Guy,

I'm on the East coast of Florida and I too recently made the step up to a larger boat (moved from a 17' Palm Beach CC to a Parker 2320). Not sure if you have looked at the sport cabins, but they might be worth a gander if you like the Parker build. I spent hundreds of hours offshore on two 24' cuddy cabins (much like the WA) owned by friends before I upgraded, and personally, I wouldn't trade my 2320 for anything.

A couple of factors drove my decision; first, my wife and I got caught on the CC in a horrendous FL storm and legitimately thought we might die. I may still die from lightning in my 2320, but I'll be warm and dry, plus I can put the wipers on and run while playing Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" and drinking a beer.

Second, the layout is pretty much perfect for Florida offshore. I can load my gear the night before and lock the pilothouse, I have all the dry storage you could ever need, and the massive cockpit accomodates all my gear and friends, whether I'm trolling, bottom fishing, diving, or having a cocktail party on the river. It's like the pickup truck of boats.

Last, there are a lot of myths out there about the pilothouse boats, but they are mostly bs. ("They're hot" and "they pound" are the two most common). The pilothouse is not hot, you can open 4 windows and a door. It is way cooler in the Florida heat than trying to squeeze under a dinky T-Top on a CC. As for the "pounding," I use my tabs a lot in heavy seas and I make sure the load is distributed properly. And I slow down. If you try to run 25-28mph in 3-4ft short period seas in any 24' boat (ok, maybe not a cat), you will pound. I am frequently the only boat coming through the inlet while all the pretty Everglades and Pretenders are parked neatly on the sandbar.

I think this is mostly a testament to the Parker design and build quality. My boat is as dry as they get (never a single drop in the bilge) and very well assembled. I trust it when I'm 30mi offshore.

But opinions are like...bellybuttons. Everybody's got one. No boat is perfect, what matters is what you want to use it for. No way could I fish the skinny water mangroves of the Indian River Lagoon in my 2320, so if that's your jam, you'll have a tough time in a WA (even if you put a $6,000 trolling motor in it). But if you want to chase cobia on the beach, troll for kings, or bottom fish for snapper, you'll be a happy camper with a Parker. Personally, I would take bluewater over inshore 10 times out of 10.

Hopefully this wasn't too much of an op/ed post, but thought I would share how happy I am with my boat in case it makes a difference for you (regardless of the model). Good luck with your search, I hope you find a boat that puts a smile on your face!

Hi New Guy,

I'm on the East coast of Florida and I too recently made the step up to a larger boat (moved from a 17' Palm Beach CC to a Parker 2320). Not sure if you have looked at the sport cabins, but they might be worth a gander if you like the Parker build. I spent hundreds of hours offshore on two 24' cuddy cabins (much like the WA) owned by friends before I upgraded, and personally, I wouldn't trade my 2320 for anything.

A couple of factors drove my decision; first, my wife and I got caught on the CC in a horrendous FL storm and legitimately thought we might die. I may still die from lightning in my 2320, but I'll be warm and dry, plus I can put the wipers on and run while playing Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" and drinking a beer.

Second, the layout is pretty much perfect for Florida offshore. I can load my gear the night before and lock the pilothouse, I have all the dry storage you could ever need, and the massive cockpit accomodates all my gear and friends, whether I'm trolling, bottom fishing, diving, or having a cocktail party on the river. It's like the pickup truck of boats.

Last, there are a lot of myths out there about the pilothouse boats, but they are mostly bs. ("They're hot" and "they pound" are the two most common). The pilothouse is not hot, you can open 4 windows and a door. It is way cooler in the Florida heat than trying to squeeze under a dinky T-Top on a CC. As for the "pounding," I use my tabs a lot in heavy seas and I make sure the load is distributed properly. And I slow down. If you try to run 25-28mph in 3-4ft short period seas in any 24' boat (ok, maybe not a cat), you will pound. I am frequently the only boat coming through the inlet while all the pretty Everglades and Pretenders are parked neatly on the sandbar.

I think this is mostly a testament to the Parker design and build quality. My boat is as dry as they get (never a single drop in the bilge) and very well assembled. I trust it when I'm 30mi offshore.

But opinions are like...bellybuttons. Everybody's got one. No boat is perfect, what matters is what you want to use it for. No way could I fish the skinny water mangroves of the Indian River Lagoon in my 2320, so if that's your jam, you'll have a tough time in a WA (even if you put a $6,000 trolling motor in it). But if you want to chase cobia on the beach, troll for kings, or bottom fish for snapper, you'll be a happy camper with a Parker. Personally, I would take bluewater over inshore 10 times out of 10.

Hopefully this wasn't too much of an op/ed post, but thought I would share how happy I am with my boat in case it makes a difference for you (regardless of the model). Good luck with your search, I hope you find a boat that puts a smile on your face!
Thank you for all the useful information! I have looked at the pilot house and they are definitely worth looking at. Probably going to be either 2110, or 2120 for me. That's my goal, I want to chase cobia and kings off the beach, and trippletail. and do some bottom fishing for snappers. I really love the 2310, and the 2320. Thank you all for the input, very helpful.

I have a 2001 Parker 2110 Walk around with a 2020 Suzuki Outboard with very low hours and a trailer I'm willing to sell for the right price. I am installing a new gas tank as I'm writing this so for another 2 weeks it's going to be in the shop getting this done. It has new hydraulic steering and all new electronics and new batteries. Let me know if you.re interested . I live on the SE coast of Florida. When I see your reply if you're interested give me your email address and I'll email you back my phone number.
Yes I would be interested in getting more information, thank you! What do you think you want for it?

I currently own a 21SE and absolutely love the boat.. It has a mod V but has trim tabs which make all the difference. Once you learn how to drive this boat you can navigate in some pretty big slop. I live on Long Island NY and trailer to both South and North Shores. The draft is shallow and I can get this in some skinny water too. In the Spring im fishing in the bays and in the Fall Im running the South Shore 1- 3 miles off shore. This boat navigates through Fire Island Inlet and Moriches Inlet without a worry.

Now, I have also chartered with my friend on his 2320 single 225 Yami and then his 2520 dual 150 Yami in Montauk for the last 7 years. Both boats handled whatever MTK threw at us! The house is dry and yes you can get a nice breeze too. In late Fall when the temp dips and we are Blackfishing the house is toasty. IMO the 2520 was a little under powered but you cant beat he efficiency of the 150 Yami.

These boats are made very well so I know you wont be dissappointed...... As long as they dont change Linwood's hull design.

Good Luck and take your time. Make a list of what is important to you and what you want to do with it.

I started boating about 5 years ago and was in a 17 montauk- boston whaler.

I boat out of the north shore in Connecticut and spend most of my time chasing stripers, or bottom fishing for blackfish.

I spend most of my time fishing 80% and when I do I like to push up on the flats and cast lures.

I wanted to step up because I got tired of the space constraints on the 17 footer.

I looked at a decent number of boats in the 21 foot size: Jones Cape Fiserhman, Boston Whaler Montauk 210, Cape classic by May Craft, stieger 21cc, and 216 fisherman.

What I found about the Parker is that it was the cheaper than all of the boats listed and the boat came standard with most options on it. I mounted a trolling motor to my boat and can't be happier. I got a 21se.

My only complaint on the Parker 21se are minor things: The include a cheap b60 airmar transducer that doesn't do side scan or chirp, and the hardware is cheap and rusts out fast. THey also include cheap rod holders under the gunnels which can't hold much.

Overall I can't be happier, I've have been out in some snotty conditions.

To fix the issues I bought 316 screws from bolt depot and rebedded all the screws in 4200, I added aftermarket rod holders under the gunnels to hold 3 rods on each side, I moved down the radio and added an extra 9 inch garmin, I mounted a gt52 transducer on the back of the boat as well so I can get sidescan and chirp.

Enclosed pics of the dash, rod holders and the boat.

Overall I am very happy. I also love that they are not including the splashwell in the transom of the boat. I had to call North Carolina and get them to eliminate it on my 2021. It honestly took up space and made it hard for me to walk in back of the seat.

Attachments

• Rod Holders.jpg
    Rod Holders.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Edited Console.jpg
    Edited Console.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Boat in Slip.jpg
    Boat in Slip.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 2
Great boat, I also have the 21SE. Without the splashwell, where are your batteries stored?

So far, I have had to replace the bolts under the step ladder as none of them were SS. Completely rusted and left stain marks on the ladder platform. The rest appear to be ok.

Great boat, I also have the 21SE. Without the splashwell, where are your batteries stored?

So far, I have had to replace the bolts under the step ladder as none of them were SS. Completely rusted and left stain marks on the ladder platform. The rest appear to be ok.
All of the painted ones are junk like around the livewell and on the ruler on the gunnels. Also the screws holding the livewell lid on are junk.

My batteries are under the jumó seat.

Funny you mention the outside of the boat, the ring eyes in the stern have also rusted but I haven’t done them bedside the boat sits in the water

I currently own a 21SE and absolutely love the boat.. It has a mod V but has trim tabs which make all the difference. Once you learn how to drive this boat you can navigate in some pretty big slop. I live on Long Island NY and trailer to both South and North Shores. The draft is shallow and I can get this in some skinny water too. In the Spring im fishing in the bays and in the Fall Im running the South Shore 1- 3 miles off shore. This boat navigates through Fire Island Inlet and Moriches Inlet without a worry.

Now, I have also chartered with my friend on his 2320 single 225 Yami and then his 2520 dual 150 Yami in Montauk for the last 7 years. Both boats handled whatever MTK threw at us! The house is dry and yes you can get a nice breeze too. In late Fall when the temp dips and we are Blackfishing the house is toasty. IMO the 2520 was a little under powered but you cant beat he efficiency of the 150 Yami.

These boats are made very well so I know you wont be dissappointed...... As long as they dont change Linwood's hull design.

Good Luck and take your time. Make a list of what is important to you and what you want to do with it.
Thank you very much for the input. Very helpful.

I started boating about 5 years ago and was in a 17 montauk- boston whaler.

I boat out of the north shore in Connecticut and spend most of my time chasing stripers, or bottom fishing for blackfish.

I spend most of my time fishing 80% and when I do I like to push up on the flats and cast lures.

I wanted to step up because I got tired of the space constraints on the 17 footer.

I looked at a decent number of boats in the 21 foot size: Jones Cape Fiserhman, Boston Whaler Montauk 210, Cape classic by May Craft, stieger 21cc, and 216 fisherman.

What I found about the Parker is that it was the cheaper than all of the boats listed and the boat came standard with most options on it. I mounted a trolling motor to my boat and can't be happier. I got a 21se.

My only complaint on the Parker 21se are minor things: The include a cheap b60 airmar transducer that doesn't do side scan or chirp, and the hardware is cheap and rusts out fast. THey also include cheap rod holders under the gunnels which can't hold much.

Overall I can't be happier, I've have been out in some snotty conditions.

To fix the issues I bought 316 screws from bolt depot and rebedded all the screws in 4200, I added aftermarket rod holders under the gunnels to hold 3 rods on each side, I moved down the radio and added an extra 9 inch garmin, I mounted a gt52 transducer on the back of the boat as well so I can get sidescan and chirp.

Enclosed pics of the dash, rod holders and the boat.

Overall I am very happy. I also love that they are not including the splashwell in the transom of the boat. I had to call North Carolina and get them to eliminate it on my 2021. It honestly took up space and made it hard for me to walk in back of the seat.
That's a great looking boat. I like the bow seating and the dash. I've heard alot of people say about the trolling motors with gps anchor is the way to go. Never drop an anchor again.

Back