Easiest way to pull transducer cable from to console on 23SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw1

Reaction score
Hey all, took delivery of new 23SE and just finsihed GPS install now onto fishfinder...FCV620 with B60....before i started i figured i'd ask the parker sharpies...what is the easiest way to fish the tranducer cable from the transom bildge up to the console? I dont see any pull strings or rigging tubes...unless i not looking in right spot, has anyone done this and have some simple suggesstions for me? Thanx..... Great Site BTW!

I have an 1800 which I imagine is somewhat similar. On the deck in the console, there should be a bilge access chase. I would snake a pulling line (garden hose worked well for me) from the console to the bilge pump. From there you can tape the ducer cable to the line and pull through. The trick with snake lines is they need to be stiff but bendable.

If your boat is like mine (2100DV) there is a PVC tube that runs from underneath the console down to the bilge.. basically follow the steering cable back from the engine and you should see where it ends up, should be right under the starboard seat/box in the stern.

Garden hose is a great idea if you have room in the PVC. A plumbers snake should work as well if you have one handy.

When I replaced my transducer, I used the existing cable to pull the new one through. I also left a piece of thin cord in place to use for the next project and have already had to use it twice, so its worth the effort.

-- Tom

Back