Electric Trolling Motor on 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Shore Boater

Reaction score
Does anyone have an electric trolling motor on their 1801? If so, is it a bow mount or transome mount and how big is it? Did you install it and how difficult was it to do?

I'll bump that one time ..I'd like to know myself........Spring will be here soon. I am thinking of installing one.

I am in the process of installing a Minn-Kota Riptide Terrova w/ 80# thrust, 24v, 60" shaft. Trollng motor is mounted and I am wiring it now. I will be glad to answer any questions and can post pics. :D

I have a Riptide on mine. The one with the 3:1 steering. Nice around jetties and calm waters, 72 lb. thrust, when casting with 1 or 2 in the boat. It is bow mounted.

Batteries are in the console, under the forward bench seat. Boat is in the yard, shrink wrapped, so I won't be taking pictures for awhile.

I will look to see if I have some pictures in the files I made when I bought the boat from the previous owner.

In the process of installing a Minn Kota Riptide Terrova w/copilot on the bow. It is 24volts w/ 80 lbs of thrust, and a 60" shaft. Batteries will be located in the console. I looked all over the web for a good picture of an 1801 w/ a bow mount but couldn't fond one so I took a shot at it.
First, where to locate a plug? I chose the side of the anchor locker under the hatch. I thought this was better than cutting another hole in the bow cap and having the plug exposed to the weather. Routed the wiring along the side under the gunnel cap to the rear corner, down through the battery box and under the deck, then up through the chase in the console. I plan on getting a removable mount to assist with quick removal some time in the future.
Here are a few pics. :D

Attachments

• 1801-troll6.gif
    1801-troll6.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 1801-troll7.gif
    1801-troll7.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 462
My Parker is older, 1998. The front hatch is on the bulkhead below the bow. I stow the anchor and lines there. The trolling motor mount is a slide off mount. It is located on the port side, just aft of the bow point. The trolling motor slides into operating position just starboard of the bow point.

The wires run under the deck to the port side then up under the gunwale. There is an outlet in the bulkhead to the left of the hatch mentioned above. The motor plugs into the outlet, and has a long wire that allows the motor to be in operating position with slack to turn.

When possible windy conditions face an outing with 2 people, I take the motor off and batteries out to lighten the load. When out by myself, I leave it in position. It helps with the trim.

I wish I had pictures, but it is still in the 40s for the high here in Maine, and possible snowfalls into April, so I do not want to take off the shrink wrap yet.

I am in the process of mounting a Riptide SF80 on my 1990 18cc now. I bought the 62" shaft and it looks to be the perfect length. Also using the quick release mount from MinnKota. I will post pics when I am finished.

Back