Electrical Circuit Breakers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a Parker 2520XL. There are buttons with rubber water protection caps for each of the switches on the switch panel. I assume that the buttons are actually circuit breakers that will trip when overloaded. If that happens I assume that you just push in the buttons to reset the circuit breaker. If all this is true, what is the amp rating of the circuit breakers?

Thanks
SommerTime

You are correct on how to reset the breakers if they trip.

Not sure how to answer your second question. Maybe the back of the panel gives a clue as to the rating of each switch/breaker. If not, maybe the wiring diagram that came with the boat has it. If not, then an e-mail to Robin Parker (Boatgirl here) should get you that info.

Dave

aka

Thanks Porkchunker:

I will check the back of the switch panel and if not email Robin. I have some extra switches that I want to use but need to know the amp rating.
Thanks again
AommerTime

I wondered that myself. I installed LED rope lights under the gunnels completely around the boat in a continuous loop. They profess to draw very little juice and I hooked them to the breaker for the existing "console" lights which were under the gunnels but were incandecent type. I'm no electriction, but roughly figured out that the entire string was equivilent to a 75watt bulb. When I put the lights on, they stay lit for about 10 minutes and then quit and I have to reset breaker. Nothing is getting hot, it's just tripping. I'm wondering if a higher amp breaker would do it.... :roll:

BuddahB":v2j6622y said:
...installed LED rope lights under the gunnels completely around the boat in a continuous loop. They profess to draw very little juice and I hooked them to the breaker for the existing "console" lights which were under the gunnels but were incandecent type. I'm no electriction, but roughly figured out that the entire string was equivilent to a 75watt bulb.

Watts divided by 12.6 volts (typical) will give you the amp draw. Depending on the length I'd agree LEDs would many an amp or two max, as many LED items are 1/3rd of an amp.

Remember that CORROSION in the wiring leads to resistance which leads to heat and that combination can result in breakers tripping. They will be marked and those type are typically rated in 5-amp increments.

I looked under the console at the circuit brakers to see if I could get any indications of the amperage rating. I could not see any labels, etc. that would give me a hint as to the size of the circuit breaker. However, not all the breakers are the same i.e. they look different. Still waiting to hear from Parker as to the ratings.

SommerTime

Porkchunker":29wrij4o said:
If not, maybe the wiring diagram that came with the boat has it. If not, then an e-mail to Robin Parker (Boatgirl here) should get you that info.

I have the same boat. I will get my diagram out of the panel tomorrow and email it to you.

ScoopsAhoy

The amp rating of the circuit breakers on the switch panel is 10 amps each per a reply I got from Parker-Mr. Farron Peffer. I hope this helps anyone who has a 2520XL.

SommerTime

Back