Engine shaft film

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freespool

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend to use to remove the white discoloration on the shaft of your outboard. Wax helped but not entirely.

You mean the propshaft? It should be coated w/ blue-colored waterproof synthetic grease. It all comes out of the SAME factory, but the best value is the tub from Bombardier/OMC, called 'Triple Guard'. I even use the bulk tub to fill up those small tubes used in hand-squeeze grease guns.

Anything w/ an import brand OB on it will be 2-3X the price.

Thanks, but i was referring to the white scum film that builds up on the shft of the engine. It seem like it may be scale or clacium????

Scouring and abrasive cleaners can scratch SS, so don't try to scrub the scale off. I'd try dissolving it with vinegar, a natural acidic solution. If that doesn't work, baking soda is a mildly abrasive cleaner that should scrub off any scale.

That said, I've never had to clean one ...

There's a cleaner in a pump spray called Salt Away. Spray that on, let sit and rinse. Then compound / wax afterwards. I use it on the alum. opening windshield frame and hardware on my 2520.works pretty well.

Back