Engle install. ( Thanks again Porkchunker)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilC

Reaction score
Well here it is. I'm not completely finished yet, I'm making a storage bin out of seaboard to go next to fridge. I will also replace blue bungee with heavy black one. The back right corner was router slip. :oops: I didn't want to put any holes in housing so I made brackets out of 1" x1/8" alum. stock. The holes were there for the handles.

Attachments

• P1010044 (Small).JPG
    P1010044 (Small).JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 288
  • P1010047 (Small).JPG
    P1010047 (Small).JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 288
  • P1010054 (Small).JPG
    P1010054 (Small).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 288
  • P1010055 (Small).JPG
    P1010055 (Small).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 288
Very nice! :)

Please let us know how it works out for you.
I've been considering putting one of them on my boat (replacing my Icey-Tek).
Not having to carry ice to the boat would be nice. :wink:

I've been saving spare $20 bills for a while and I'm about ready to pop for an Engle 27. I believe the safari guide who took us around in Namibia a couple of summers back had an Engle 35. Amazing units.

I'm going to build mine into a tackle station, with drawers for Plano 3700 boxes and a top for cutting/preparing bait. The Engle will probably be on a slide-out tray that will allow me to slide it out to get into it, but slide it back in to keep it out of the sun/spray.

Glad I could point you in the right direction....I'll be right behind you.

Dave

aka

Kevin,
That is the main reason for installing this. I have a 40quart Icey tek, thats a good cooler but got tired of emptying, cleaning and refilling every weekend. And it will pay for its self with what I save on ice in 9 or 10 years.

Dave,
I was debating putting a drawer underneath unit. But decide I probally had to use 3/4 board to handle the load on top. good luck with your tackle station project.

Phil

Back