F225 Yamaha problem.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheerios

Reaction score
2004 Parker 2520XL F225. While under way motor appears to stall. Thought it might be a fuel problem but as the stalls began to increase I found the motor shutting down with no electrical power. No power tilt and no power in gages, then one gage works and not the other. I have checked all connections and they are tight.

When I 1st bought the boat it happened and it was a loose Pos connection at the engine but prior to going down it acted the same as a fuel problem.

Mechanic coming out this week. Any thoughts would help. I'm in no way a mechanic.

Cheerios

You are right on. Robinson Marine came, did all the tests pulled out his tools and cranks on the ground and motor is perfect. I guess I did not crank as hard.

I got to say that Robinson Marine have been great. They are a Yamaha Dealer.

Bryan, thanks for your response.

Cheerios

No prob.....

I'm glad mx beach guy posted that so I can be on the look out for it if it happens to me. My motors are out of waranty.

This is why I put a SS lock-washer, standard type or internal-tooth type (preferred), on the battery post BEFORE putting on the OB cable. I have fixed soooooooooooooooooooo many boats, even those using nylok nuts, by simply adding a lock washer UNDER the main battery lug.

And then add another SS lock-washer between ANY other connector and the nylok nut.

Never, ever, ever, ever use wing-nuts ... one does at their own peril and expense ...

Attachments

• Battery.gif
    Battery.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 860
I was under the impression it the ground lug on MOTOR that worked loose?

If so, that seems to be one of the most common problems with Yamaha rigging. Wonder why it is so hard to secure ground and pos initally?

This has been a problem for me. It 1st starts out like you have water in the fuel. I think I will try Dale's idea again, the one for the spotlight worked great. Thanks to you all for the suggestions.
Cheerios

Back