Finally bought a Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gradytoo

Reaction score
After owning five Grady-Whites I just orderd a new 2520SLD with a single 250 Yamaha. All of my fishing the last two years has been done around the CBBT or along the ocean. I keep my boat at Lynn-Haven. Every time I see a pilot house Parker on a cold windy or rainy day I think about how nice that would be to be able to go in the pilot house and turn on a gas heater to warm up for a half hour and then continue fishing. I also orderd the side mount second helm because I do like to light tackle fish alot which lets me have one hand on the helm and the other on my rod. It should also alow me to manuver aroung the pillings easier. I hope my thinking is right. I sure have had enough boats to feel good about my decision. I liked my Gradys but there is just to much glitz and glitter to take care of. I am very picky about keeping my boat looking new and the Parker is much easier to do that with. As long as I can cruise this boat about 25-27 mph I will be happy. My Grady with twins is much faster but that area of the water down there does not alow alot of speed most of the time any way. Just MHO but I do not understand why guys want there boats to run 50 mph or better. I know everyone is different and that is fine. Will equip this boat the same as my Gradys with eveything to include a good Radar and auto pilot. One Auto-Plot and you are spoiled! Any how Robin Parker should be very happy to to get a five Grady owner to switch brands. They make a great boat,both of them. I just think this boat will fit my needs much better. Will probably be asking some questions on this board at a later date. This is a great forum. I have already been looking at the Project Forum and there are some great ideas on it. Thats all for now! :D

Welcome Aboard G2!

You've found ClassicParker, the largest assemblage of Parker People on the Planet!

We are all glad to welcome a former Grady owner, as that is the best testimonial of all.....

Sit down, pull up a keyboard, relax and cruise the forums here on ClassicParker! You've made the right decision to buy a Parker, and now it's time to see how the rest of ParkerNation has chosen to customize their rigs to suit their own special requirements.

I'm sure you'll find some ideas and rigs that will fit your own particular fishing style!

John

Grady Too - Congrats on the purchase. It was great speaking with you on the phone last week. I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to call or just ask anyone here.

Brad

Saw a couple of guys splashing a brand new 25 Parker at Bubba's today - single 250. That you? Pretty boat! I was pulling my 2320SC to clean hull, fix transducer and fill up at my Shell station. Got all the work done, put it back in and realized I had forgotten to gas up. Old-timers disease... Gas at Bubba's is pricey, so I'll have to pull it again soon. Enjoy your boat. Great decision.

Mark, no I actualy just orderd the boat. Brad is was good talking to you and I am sure I will be calling you in the future.

Can you get the F-350 on the 2520XL now? If so did you consider this? Why or why not? I know there is a weight vs power issue and I am curious to get an on board review/comparison to the 2520XL F-250.

Welcome to the forum and you will love your new Parker as we all do.

Max Out, I never inquired about the F350. As long as I can cruise this boat at about 25-27 mph and max out at 35-40 mph I am very happy with those numbers. The next time I talk to the dealer I will find out. I also think there is a big difference in price between those two motors. Where I fish the boat mostly I would never run more than 20 to 25 miles so the extra speed for my fishing would not be worth it to me. Right now if you buy a new Yamaha between Jan 1 and March 31st you get the 3 yr extended warranty and the F350 as far as I know is not included in the extended warranty deal which is worth$ 2500.00. So if you add the price difference between the motors and the warranty I think it adds up to about $7000.00 which buys alot of electronics.

10-4, I agree the extra initial & future expense would be the deciding factor for me. Don't skimp on electronics I have done it in the past and allways regeted it. One of the nice things about a Parker is they are pretty basic and you can create the perfect layout and combination of electronics to suit your boating style. There is alot of great info here and will help you get it right with no regrets, :wink: good Luck!

Back