Finally got my new 2510 XLD.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bolivia, North Carolina (formerly Montara, CA)
Hi Folks,

Been lurking here several years absorbing all I could to be able to configure my "retirement boat". Moved into our new home in Bolivia NC (SE coastal NC below Southport) Nov 1st 2017 after a move from a small coastal town just south of San Francisco. Ordered the new boat the day after Thanksgiving and just got it last week.

Couldn't insert a pic of her (have an old flip phone), so attached a picture. Not the best picture, it was overcast/rainy so the color doesn't really show up correctly. She is Abaco green. Have her in rack storage at Southport Marina.

I have her set up for offshore fishing (weather permitting). I have a huge learning curve ahead of me on the fishing front, much different fishing than the west coast. But I'm picking the brains of fishermen I've gotten to know and piecing things together.

Had my last boat 34 years. I was the original owner. It was a sad day when I turned over the keys to the new owner. Now I have the pleasure of outfitting/modifying the 2510 to fit my fishing style. Hopefully, I can have her for 34 years as well........... that would put me at over 100 years old, but one can hope.

Glad to finally be an "official" member of this forum!!!!

Attachments

• New boat.jpg
    New boat.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 244
beautiful boat man!!! Congrats and enjoy your retirement. If I lived closer to you I would volunteer to help you with the local fishing learning curve just to take a ride on that bad boy.

I absolutely love the 2510. Such a fantastic layout. I bought a 2017 2320, but live in San Diego. My parents are from NCand recently retired to Wilmington, NC and I’m headed there next week to stay at a beach house we rent every year. Beautiful part of the country. You are going to love that 2510 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Trying to get 20 hrs on it for the breakin and 20 hr service.......... have only been able to use it once because of the horrible weather we have been having. Looks like there may be a weather window coming up for us this weekend so I can get the remaining 12 hrs on her that I need. Have some Vet's from the San Francisco area coming out on the 11th. I use to take them out for the Monterey Bay "Wounder Warrior Salmon Derby". So hoping I can get something for them to tug on. Weather permitting, the plan is to fish the Gulf Stream (I know, not right time of year) and if we don't get lucky, then vertical jig for amberjack.

Bmoor, not sure if you are going to be here this weekend, but you're welcome to join me if you want to go for a ride. PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Thanks for the offer ! I’d love to, but with all the family finally together I’d probably get an ear full if I tried to sneak out for a ride this weekend. I do that enough at home !! Fishing’s been great this summer.

Bmoore":13hza7av said:
Thanks for the offer ! I’d love to, but with all the family finally together I’d probably get an ear full if I tried to sneak out for a ride this weekend. I do that enough at home !! Fishing’s been great this summer.

No problem, I completely understand...…… figured I had nothing to lose in offering. Looks like you may be bringing better weather with you. Chances of rain/wind are down starting Saturday. Hope you enjoy the time with family. If you are in the area again and want to go out, give me a shout.

Beautiful boat and great choice of a "retirement" boat! That boat is going to last a long, long time and give you many happy years in your retirement. Good luck and tight lines, captain.

Back