First time using Maja Spoons

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
And they worked great....

46 inches and 40 inches.

Never used the Tony Maja spoons before, but have always been a bunker spoon fan. Well, his produced good for me. I was using the #2 in green.

55 feet of water and had them bouncing right on the bottom.

Attachments

• DSCN0137_1.JPG
    DSCN0137_1.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 325
Nice catch, the kido's must have loved it.
I see the nice spoon rods, wire line?

Thanks POGE. No wire - Braid. I gave up on wire a long time ago. Sure it works great, but its not much fun. The trick is the hanging a sinker (or heavy lure) off a three way swivel. Takes no action out of the spoon the way an inline sinker would. Kind of rig it like a mojo rig.

CCparker":1q1703bs said:
Thanks POGE. No wire - Braid. I gave up on wire a long time ago. Sure it works great, but its not much fun. The trick is the hanging a sinker (or heavy lure) off a three way swivel. Takes no action out of the spoon the way an inline sinker would. Kind of rig it like a mojo rig.

Interesting... so the mainline to a 3-way then one eye to the spoon and the other with like a banker sinker hanging how far below?

You find this works better than, say a 4oz drail?

About 2 to 3 feet to the sinker. Works way better than a drail. try both and you will notice a difference in the action

I use the same set up. Twenty foot leader to the spoon. Instead of using a bank sinker for weight use a spro jig. I use an 4-8 ounce spro tipped with a shad. Caught a 40" bass with the spro the first time I tried this setup. :D

If you are in hard bottom, I'd attach the bank sinker with smaller mono than your main. For example, I've got my trolling reel setup with 50# braid, then use a 50# mono leader, but only 25# mono to the weight. I fish in the rocks a lot, and this way, if you snag something, it'll pop the weight off, and hopefully save you the spoon.

Back