fresh water washdown/

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stix217

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a fresh water washdown in an 1801? I just purchased a used 1801 and would like to install one this winter/spring before I get out onto the water.

I searched around the forums here, but I wasn't able to find anything specifically for the 1801....but maybe that's because I'm new and don't know the forums too well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fresh water washdown is usually on bigger boats since you need fresh water storage.

Are you sure you don't want to know about raw water washdown.

Of course this assumes salt water boating.

Dana

well I was planning on installing a small tank and pump under the console. I was hoping someone here would have done something similar to that.

Has anyone done/heard of this?

I have a 5 gal fresh water bag plumbed in after the raw water seacock. It is located on the bilge next to the batteries.

To get fresh, sut the seacock and open the fresh water 1/4 turn valve. The pump uses up the 5 gals in short order.

At 8lbs a gallon it does not take very long to realize you are carring too much extra weight for nothing (and paying the gas bill to carry it). I had that idea a long time ago but soon realized that it was not nessasary. Raw water does fine and when I get to my slip I use the fresh for the boat and the fishing gear. Good Luck!

Back