Freshwater washdown??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a freshwater washdown on their parker. I have the 23SE and was thinking about putting one in. I am contemplating a small tank, down under the aft hatch cover. Just something to wash things off with, not necessarily clean the boat with.

Any suggesstions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

FWIW I put a 15-gallon freshwater tank in my cabin, as part of my SS sink and galley setup. Those poly tanks can be had fairly inexpensively, but need to be WELL secured so as to prevent movement in seas. There are no baffles in them you know. For simply rinsing things, IMHO you don't need a pressurized pump at all and in fact, for rinsing reels, you don't want any pressure at all!

A cheap 500 GPH pump will give you all the flow you need to rinse items off. You know, you could use the same 12V faucet too as the switch. Only $37 without pump, see below. I think for that faucet size I'd go 300-400 GPM though. But you know, depending on where you mounted it, that little faucet head with switch might be ideal :) !

17873_f.jpg

FWIW my back deck is plumbed with an 1100 GPH biatwell type NON-pressurized pump and if/when I put my finger over the end of the garden-type hose it uses ... the spray will reach the bow. Thus I use the cleaners and the brush or my horsepower to remove the stubborn stains and use the waterflow to rinse everything off.

Less the old Johnson model P15 pressurized washdown pump that is now no longer :( available ... I've yet to find a pressurized washdown pump that isn't a piece of crap.

I have a 15-gallon plastic tank as Dale does, and although I have not had it very long, it seems to be about right for our size boats. I use it to wash off fishing gear including lures, so I can dry them and pack them away clean. I’ve also used it to run some fresh water through the engines if the launch ramp has no water available.

Dale as to the pressure pump, I have a Jabsco that came with the boat in 2005 and I use it all the time. It has been perfect except when I had the wiring problem with the darn plastic auto type connector. When I had that problem I took the whole pump apart, thinking it was the pump. It was perfect inside. Not one bit of corrosion or anything that looked out of place. It’s mounted vertical on the transom with the head on the bottom. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if that one ever goes bad. :wink:

Back