Frustrated and confused - diagnostic software

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodytoo

Reaction score
Hey all - does anyone know a source for outboard diagnostics software? I have a yamaha f225 that is aging on my 2520xl and a newer Suzuki df90 on my skiff. I have been looking but really can't find a straight answer.

Sim sells a connector for the yamaha's but not the software. It seams they used to, but it is no longer available. I saw another place that looked like they are selling something but it cost an absurd price (1200 bucks!). I have not been able to find anything on the Suzuki using the great google machine.

Am I missing something here? Or are we being shafted by the manufacturers?

Can I simply dump the engine's computer information over a serial port on a laptop and use a text editor to view the data?

Thanks - dazed and confused!

last night I saw several deals on eBay for diagnostic software for different OB manufacturers and one included YDS, a laptop and several OB manuals for $120

I bought mine from [email protected] on ebay

He said the price is now $60 and use PayPal for payment. Contact him for the full details before purchasing

Mine worked fine but did need to contact him for the correct XP drivers. He emailed me an iso image which I thought was strange.
Why not a zip file? I had to find a free open source iso program to extract the files and burn them to a CD and save it with the 2 disks sent with the cable. I thought it was took a long time and a hassle

Maybe now he has all of drivers on the install CD

Best

Wow thanks Brent. I looked on eBay and did see several aftermarket kits ranging in price from 400 to 100 dollars. Always nervous, but sim yamaha wants that much for the yamaha connector alone.

I guess it is time to jump off the fence.

My yamaha f225 started to give me some funky behavior, and I really want to put a good look at it. Intermittently over the last few offshore runs I got an oil pressure flash on the gauge and a chirp on the audible alarm. Each time happened when I throttled back to idle, or was running at idle, and it cleared by shutting off the engine and re-firing. It did not throttle me back, but then again every time I heard a chirp, I shut down,pulled the cowl, checked the oil and restarted. I changed the oil and filter last weekend, and it ran fine on day one, but did the same thing the second day after trolling for 6 hours.

So, I really want to out the big eye on her for sure.

Thanks for the info ... Bo

ebay for 200 bucks gets you the software cable and a BS mini computer, works awesome but i use my own laptop, also the guy includes the service manuals for like 20 different yamaha motors including a bunch of jet ski manuals, well worth it just used it today on a friend that is down in the keys and wanted some info about his motors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 2.03.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 2.03.35 PM.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 131
Mine is an 03, and has been checked for dry exhaust corrosion, last scope was 100 hours ago. The problem I am chasing now is oil pressure at low idle.

Lord I hate idiot gauges, sure wish these things had discrete instruments!

Back