Fuel Monitor Guage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but its one last step for the last minute offshore trip.

I use the boat enough regardless so my fuel doesn't sit long, I'll show my Amex bill if you want. LOL. :mrgreen:

Does anyone have a web site at which you can get a description of the Yamaha Fuel Management Meter. I would like to know the data/info on each of the wires on the plug that is located on the back of the meter.

Sommer time whee in Middle Chesapeake do you live? We just moved into Great Bridge adn am still learning about Chesapeake.
Do you have a wet slip or a high dry for you boat?

Danielb: I have my boat in the Rhode River Marina in a lift slip but I live in Columbia, MD. Takes me about 40 minutes to go from Columbia to the Marina.

Ok SummerTime ,here is the solution to your question This will allow you to run a fuel montering system with only one motor running P/S or both. I did this with twins and a Navico F3100 fuel flow/monertering unit. You must add a new wire to each key switch so that it is only hot when the key is on. To each of these wires you add a diode, connect it to the anode side of the diode (see back of pack ) You will need 2 of these ; 1kV, 2.5A silicon diodes from Radio Shack sku# 276-1114 ($2.50 each in 2006)
Add another wire to the diodes cathode pig tail. These 2 wires will twist together and then connect to the power supply wire to the gauge display. The diodes will only allow the current to flow in one direction thus there is no back feed to the motor, electrical circut etc.when only one key is on.
Hope this solves your need.
Charles

Charlesretired: Thanks a bunch :) I think that is my solution. Can I PM you if I have any questions? :cry: I will attack the problem this winter when fishing is done.

SummerTime
PM me with any questions........... After posting I thought I might mention to use the factory fuse in the line between the diodes and the display just as if you are hooking up per the instructions

Charles

Andy and SIM replied to me with this answer a while back;

HI John,

You need a gauge power “diode kit” for that FM gauge. This way either engine key switch will power up that gauge with power, without paralleling the two engine harness’s. Make sense?

With all the parts and labor to assemble, you would have about $70 into the harness with shipping. If they used the Yamaha bullet connectors on the gauge wiring, it will be plug and play for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Andy

Thanks to Andy for always trying to give us a hand.

I think this will be the route I want to go I still have a few other things to work out. I've never been able to get my fuel management gauge to accept speed info from my chartplotter. I followed all instructions from Andy and it just won't work. He says some of the FM gauges wouldn't work. I don't know how this can be, but it appears it must be a few of the older ones didn't work. It frustrates me that they have a setting for it but they won't actually do it.

Back