Furuno 1724C ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the Furuno 1724C Radar /Plotter overlay, works perfect, but, when it is in radar only mode it is very accurate and the same in plotter mode, turn on overlay and it is about 100 yrds or more off, I looked through the manual and could not find a way to center them both, any body have any ideas !!!!

Some manufacturers require a heading sensor to make the overlay part work correctly. Does yours have a heading sensor?

Yes I have the Furuno heading senser, and we have it mounted dead center, and it is calibrated, the overlay will not work without a heading senser, that may have something to do with it, just have no idea how to make the overlay almost correct :)

Hey Craig,

Just saw this post. You might want to check to see if you settings are correct (true north or magnetic north). You may have one of your units, chart plotter or heading sensor on a different setting. I would guess that might throw the system off.

You know what I had it set to offset mode, once I played with it, it is really close to perfect !

Back