• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

furuno Fcv 600L for sale or trade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offshoreguy

Reaction score
color machine, in excellent condition was in cabin so shows like new, $375 or will tade for port side bench seat for 2520 sc. If its easier you can call me at 401-440-4990
thanks
Wade

I got a raymarine A65 at an ok price, I wanted a backup plotter and this had the fishfinder option so im gonna just stick with that. Im gonna run it with the airmar 50/200 tilted element thruhull ducer. I dont know if the fishfinder has as many options as the furuno but im running out of room, with the 2 vhf's, furuno radar, garmin 2010c, and the A65, if I installed the 600............well its getting a little tight around the helm area. I love the unit ive been using it for 3 years with no problems. I know that im just not gonna use it, the 2010 also has the depth finder option, so if the a65 goes down I have the garmin as backup. Dont want it to just collect dust in the basement.

barlow46":zaoz6fuc said:
Transducer included? If not, what fits? Thanks

FWIW you can go as 'cheap' as a transom mount dual-frequency xducer for that Furuno, with speed and temp, for < $100 on eBay. To be honest, it't what I use and I have found it fine for striper fishing my usual haunts to say 30' deep or so. Offshore, I switch to single frequency or display the dual frequencies side-by-side, and there I'll be in 100' to 400' of water while looking for toona.

That Furuno unit is awesome! I can see tuna, baitballs, and even dogfish (they show up light blue) on the screen, where bait is typically yellow and toona are dark orange to red. Whales light up the WHOLE freakin screen - haha! So they're easy to spot :shock: ! I can also see the thermocline on the screen too, which looks like a lazy white pencil line moving 1-pixel high across the screen.

Yep. The 600L is an excellent machine. :wink:

Image-C0104A3C616011DB.jpg

From what I understand the airmar bronze thru hull tilted element ducer 200/50 with temp works great on this unit, that was what I was going to put in. The transom mount will work just as well but its plastic and hangs off the transom, if you dont mind that its great. if you have questions on ducers call airmar directly they are very helpfull and will help you choose the right ducer for your needs. They have now also come out with a "mix and match system" that has different cord attachments so one transducer can work with different machines like furuno, sitex, garmin, just by purchasing a different cord, (i think they are like fourty bucks but its better than drilling another hole and buying anothe transducer) but unfortunately for me raymarine from what im told does not want to play nice with others and didnt participate in the mix and match system so I have to get a ducer thats just for raymarine (just my luck) I really dont want to sell this unit but if im not going to use it, I dont want it just collecting dust.

Back