future Parker owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulllseyee

Reaction score
Hey guys, was hoping to get some quality advice on a Parker I will most likely be purchasing next week! Its a 2003 2520 deep V w\ a 250 Yamaha Saltwater Series OX66 (88hrs) . I guess the most advice I need is first, on the motor, second, on the standard transom rather than a full transom. Finding the exact boat I want, has proven to be difficult but settling on the standard transom may be my only option given the quality of the boat I have found. Next, what is the likelyhood of finding a decent used trailor capable of trailering my new baby to the ocean? Your advice and opinion will be greatly appreciated! I also look forward toward getting to know everybody here, and maybe makin some new fishin buddies...
Thanks, Clayton
Shady Side,MD

Well welcome aboard to the parker crew!!!Hope all goes well with your boat and enjoy it!!!

Welcome to the site and the ParkerNation.

I'm sure a lot of guys can chime in and give some tips about trailers.

I myself have an EZ-Loader 9,000 lb roller trailer. It is dual axle (6-lug wheels), and 64 rollers. Works well for my 2510 with twin F-115s.

Dave

aka

Good luck with your purchase. I am pretty sure 2 axle trailers in the 9,000 pound range are 3,500 to 4,000 dollars. Be careful on the road because 25 Parkers have a 9 1/2 foot beam which is not legal without permits on the highway and bay bridge. As far as transom goes I have never had any problems with the notched one, you gain an easier boat to fit in the slip and to plane it but you lose the extra length of a better ride in the ocean. Also if it gets rough your feet will get wetter with the notched transom. Its a Parker ! , you will get home when its rough with either boat.

I almost forgot , some of the ox66 lose compression in the #6 cylinder . So take 5 minutes before you purchase it and have it checked. Good luck

Welcome aboard Clayton!

As already mentioned, the OX66 motors are some of the best outboards on the water. Have a Yamaha mechanic give her a fitness check, and you shouldn't have any worries.

My 2520 is the MV model with a full transom so I cant comment on those items... I would caution you that a fully loaded 2520 is pretty heavy, so if you plan to trailer her to the ocean, make sure that your tow vehicle is up to the task. :wink:

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Man, this has to be the best forum site ever made! Thanks for all of the great info... I have a ford F550 w\ V10 I think is up to the trailering challenge. I guess Ill put a down payment on her monday! Then have the survey and make a trip to NY. Once again thanks guys.

Back