Garmin 18HD+ radar question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutgendorf

Reaction score
I’m in the process of installing Garmin electronics in my 04 2320. Due to nationwide back order, it has made it difficult to get your hands on certain products. My question involves my radar compliment, I ordered a Garmin 18HD+ due to it being available but know that there is an XHD model as well. I know XHD is the superior product but unfortunately it’s unavailable for a few months. Does anyone have any experience with the HD+ and what are your thoughts? Should I be patient and wait for the XHD or does the HD+ perform up to expectations? Thank you for your time.

Run it and if you happy with it keep it. If you want to upgrade the performance sale it at the end of your fishing season and upgrade.

I’m in the process of installing Garmin electronics in my 04 2320. Due to nationwide back order, it has made it difficult to get your hands on certain products. My question involves my radar compliment, I ordered a Garmin 18HD+ due to it being available but know that there is an XHD model as well. I know XHD is the superior product but unfortunately it’s unavailable for a few months. Does anyone have any experience with the HD+ and what are your thoughts? Should I be patient and wait for the XHD or does the HD+ perform up to expectations? Thank you for your time.
I edited this: changed some of my comments;
Some thoughts; I'm sure you already have researched the difference in the models; the +, XHD and Phantoms have advanced features.... From our end, I'm happy with our 2014 era, basic Garmin HD model; it does more than I expected it to do. When I go to replace it someday, I'll look forward to some of the new features I've seen on the newer models, especially the Phantom models. ... If you can be happy with the basics, (in your case, 'enhanced basics'), go with what you have on order; even the basic Garmin Radars are still 'miracle-machines' to me!. And there may not be guarantees as to when the new models will be available/delivered.

Last edited:
Back