Gas Stain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachbob

Reaction score
I have developed a petro/gas stain from the gas over-flow. I have tried numberous cleaners but nothing works. Anybody have a solution?

Porkchunker":3hfn9efw said:
Try some Barkeepers Friend. Works great for any stain I've encountered so far...and it is mild enough you don't need gloves to protect your hands.

Dave

aka

I used Barkeepers Friend to clean some rust stains off of our beige porcelain kitchen sink. It did a wonderful job. I did notice that the Rubbermaid sink mat began drying out and cracking noticeably in the weeks after I used the product. This makes me wonder what affect it could have on gaskets or other rubber fittings on boats. Does anyone have experience with that?

Chlorox Soft Scrub (with bleach) might also work well.
It contains a mild abrasive for the solids and bleach for the stain.

I've used it on bird cr@p with success. Scrub it up, then let it sit for a bit so the bleach has a chance to work on the stain... then rinse.

Thanks for the responses.I haven't tried Barkeepers Friend or Amazing Roll Off. The drying out will not be a problem since the stain is on the outer hull. I have tried the SoftScrub w/Bleach, it had no effect at all. Where can I find BarKeepers Friend and the Amazing Roll Off?

coachbob":906d9p8x said:
Where can I find BarKeepers Friend?

Wal*Mart, Target, and many times... your local grocery store.
Think of Barkeepers friend as BonAmi with a mild amount of oxocyclic (sp?) acid in it.

MaryKates On and Off hull cleaner.
Be careful not to get it on your bottom paint or your trailer though.

Put some on a sponge (wear rubber gloves) and wipe the area down.
Let it sit and do it's thing... repeat as needed.

Collinite's Fiberglass Boat Cleaner No.920

I use FSR ( Fiberglass Stain Remover) on 99% of the stains on my boat and it takes them right off. It can be found at any Marine store.

3M Cleaner/Wax has removed every stain I have encountered on my last three boats. Rub it on aggresively by hand, wait five minutes, and buff out area by hand with a clean terry cloth towel. :D

Back