Getting Ready to order Starboard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
Prior to placing this order I have a question.

What if any color other than white is a good match for a Parker. I'm in the process of designing a rod holder rack for the transom and a bait station. White of course is the go to color but I was wondering if the Seafoam or Sea Pearl or one of their other offerings are a better match.

It looks like Marisafe is as good as any place to get starboard. Any other suggestions?

http://www.marisafe.com/

Richard

esfishdoc":23z2ez83 said:
Prior to placing this order I have a question.
What if any color other than white is a good match for a Parker.

YES!

FinAddictMarine makes accessories out of "King Starboard". They have a color that matches Parker gelcoat perfectly. FinAddict will sell direct to public, don't know about prices. Also Parker uses Starboard for some parts.

Generic white will not match.

For Starboard the color is SEAFOAM which is a very close match like a cream color. GOOD Luck!

I have a bunch of scrap pieces of seafoam. If you want, I could send you one so you can check the color match.

gw204":3hycajex said:
I have a bunch of scrap pieces of seafoam. If you want, I could send you one so you can check the color match.

Thanks for the offer of the scraps... I found a piece of seafoam in someone elses stash of parts.

The problem I'm running into right now cost of shipping. To ship two pieces of 1/2 X 48 X 27 the places I've checked so far cost 100 dollars to ship! Ouch...... Now I have to rethink where I'm going to get it.

I found a place on ebay out of Ft Lauderdale, can't recall the name, but if yiu search on ebay you should be able to find it. I got about a 1/2x24x48 piece shipped for about 15 bucks +/-. Total cost was about 70.00.

Check with your local plastic wholesalers. On Long Island, we have a place called GE PolymerShapes (think I got the name right). They are about 1/2 the price of any else I've found, but you must buy a whole sheet (96"x54") . I bought a sheet of 3/4 to build my cockpit tackle/rigging station thingy.

They will make straight cuts across the sheet at no cost ! This saves a lot of work since the big sheets are hard to handle and very heavy (especially 3/4"). Most projects will require pieces of the same length or width, line up some strategic cuts for your project and let them do some of the work.

Back