grouperjim's new (2006) 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
I've been participating in these forums for about week or so now, so I thought I had better introduce myself and boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,955
  • IMG_0427_2.jpg
    IMG_0427_2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,955
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,955
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,955
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,955
That is a regular Parker option. A lot of boats in FL have them. I've been happy with so far. The most bait in there thus far has been 6 dozen pin fish.

Nice livewell. The clear lid is cool (just like Contender). Another school (no pun inetnded) of thought is paint the inside of livewell and lid dark. Seems to calm bait, especially menhaden.

Gasket is great idea. Can you pressurize your tank? My bait much happier in pressurized livewell.

Watch that small diameter pre-coiled washdown hose. There's been more than 1 washdown pump burned up with those hoses.

Very Nice! Welcome Aboard! I like many features of your 2320, especially the bimini that slips into the rod holders. Was that an option, or did you have it made somewhere? RTC <><

Thanks. I made the shade structure myself with some things that were laying around the workshop. The sunbrella however was fabricated by a friend of mine who does canvas work.

Since I have a custom boat cover, I needed fishing shade that can go up/down easily. The take-offs coming out of the upper rod holders are just two rod holder outriggers turned backwards with a piece of SS rod through bolted. Jaw slides x 3 attached to each SS rod, then 3 aluminum bows (fwd, middle, aft) with nylon ends to attach to the jaw slides with 6 SS pins to hold in place. The only tricky part is positioning the SS rods for through bolting. The idea is to position them so that when you lock the downriggers into the upper rod holders, they are slightly sprung to the outside and need to be gently bent inward to attach pins. The sunbrella of course has three pockets sewn in for the aluminum bows to slide through. There is also a flap with velcro that wraps around the SS rods to let rain run off.

There is about $150 into the whole thing. More if you had to buy the materials new.

I will post some pics of the individual pieces if anyone is interested in making a temp shade like this....I am sure someone can improve it or make it more attractive. It is very solid and sturdy and does not move or sway even in very rough conditions or at speed.

jim

Thanks for the info. Also, Does the baitwell have tackle storage on the fowrard side? Thanks and Best Regards, RTC <><

No. The tank is an oval that extends all the way to the front. The front has two screw out 6 inch access plates that allow you the get to the plumbing on either side of the tank.

Actually, space limitations aside, I think tackle storage would not be too practical in that location. For CG purposes, any significant weight i.e. the fishing cooler, or dive tank rack/ 6 tanks needs to positioned up against the forward edge of the livewell enclosure.

jim

grouperjim":15eqjkf7 said:
I will post some pics of the individual pieces if anyone is interested in making a temp shade like this....

jim

X2... X3....

You da man... My 9 month old would appreciate those pics!!!

William.

This is the shade that I have been waiting for someone to design. Please post the particulars... or offer to make said shade for a nominal fee! :D

Shade pics. My wife said I had better just cough up the particulars. The nominal fee would more than likely be astronomical and I would be divorced.

William:

I am not so sure this type of shade would be applicable to the CC. On my 23 CC I had a sunbrella dodger (spray hood) installed up front (about $350). It was nice for kids to get out of the sun, and also for camping/privacy.

jim

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,622
grouperjim":3ptagxru said:
William:
I am not so sure this type of shade would be applicable to the CC. On my 23 CC I had a sunbrella dodger (spray hood) installed up front (about $350). It was nice for kids to get out of the sun, and also for camping/privacy.

jim

Absolutely right... I just haven't looked or found anyone to build one for the front just yet... And my little sunshine has a tendency to crawl right out of the boat in the front... so we have been confining her to the rear..... (which is the driving interest in the rear...

Any pics you could pm me of your sunbrella dodger?... I have to also buy a cover sometime in the next few months (saw your custom cover in the other thread...) Very cool!

Thanks for the pictures - simple and effective!!!

Cheers to a great boat!

William:

My PC bit the dust right after I sold the 23 DVCC and unfortunately took all the pics with it. That's why I now have a Mac. Sorry.

If you are ever in St. Pete, I will introduce you to Tim who owns FL Boat Tops. He has made all the covers and dodgers for my boats. He designs and fits the covers, his Mom does the sewing.

To those who have emailed me concerning precise info about the shade: Really, any size nut or bolt will do the job. The pics are self-explanatory and it is very easy to make. I was lucky enough to have most of that stuff laying around.

FYI: Although the take-off coming out of the upper rod holder works very well, I think it can definitely be improved/reengineered to look a little better than what I came up with. I am sure some of you guys will come up with something slick. Post some pics if you do.

jim

Back