Hello All

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Kirk

Reaction score
Well our Parker journey continues as we have just sold our 1998 CC (it was hard to let her go) and purchased a 2006 2520 SL from a private party. The new boat has been blessed with the same name as our old boat and will be know as the "DAWN PATROL".

After fishing offshore in Southern California and Mexico in a CC for the last 15 years I have found that it is time to own a bit larger boat..... 'with a cabin'!! I am getting too old to be out in the weather all day, and ducking water blasts from the port bow will now be a thing of the past.

My long time partner Alan Beilstein and I are in the process of adding a tower, autopilot, and other items in order to be ready for the offshore season.

I am looking forward to posting for advice on these issues, and also contributing whenever I can.

Kirk

Attachments

• new parker.jpg
    new parker.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,324
Welcome aboard Capt. Kirk.

Good luck with the new rig.

I am curious, why are you adding a tower? We site tuna by standing on the gunwale while holding on to the handles on the pilothouse. Maybe being 6' 5" gives me an advantage.

Hello Capt. Kirk !!

Congrats on the 2520 you will love that cabin !
cabin + auto pilot = easy ride home
we have a small tower on our 23 its great !!

Hope to see you on the water :D

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I think it is the way I am wired, that being needing a tower. There is a comfort level also as you can see by the replica of the tower we are getting. It must be a west coast thing.

And yes, the second best thing about this boat besides the cabin will be the auto pilot. It will all be new to me.

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,229
Another one for Capt Kirk:

Attachments

• CaptKirk.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,061
Hi CaptKirk,

I was wondering what hp you have and is the hull a mod V (16 deg.) or deep V (21 deg.)

OT

Thanks Dale for posting that picture of the 'Dawn Patrol'...

Your help with my electronics has been much appreciated.

And OT.........we have a single 250 Yamaha 4 stroke and it is a Modified V..(16 degrees).

My backup motor is Vessel Assist!

Kirk

Back