Helm Seat Live Well value?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagTop

Reaction score
I don't fish so I'm thinking of selling this mint condition helm seat/live well (with cushions) and replacing it with a leaning post.
What's this worth and where might I find the leaning post?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 439
Should have left phone number, 281-323-2457, Leaning Post with rod holders and under seat storage. John

Got any pics of your leaning post? Gotta tell ya....I'm having some reservations about switching these out because Parker says I'll void my hull warranty if I don't let a dealer do the work.

Well, in that case, how much would you take for the bait tank w/ seat. I f price is right, I will buy it out right and can go towards your leaning post.

I just bought a used 2120, but the wife wants a seat in the back, like our other boat, so this is the best way out for me. Have to keep them happy..........John :lol:

No PM received.

Dunno the value of the live well.
Dunno the dimensions of the leaning post.

Ok, The leaning post at West Marine list between 1299.99 to 1499.99. Always to high... :lol:
This web site has them for 949.00 on sale, without back rest. This unit does not have back rest, but can be purchased for 185.00.
The web site,www.arrigonidesign.com/leanpost.htm has the exact unit, #TPF-2 without back rest.
The true dimensions are, 33H X 27L X 47W that is including the grab hand rails that wrap around the sides and back.
Your bait tank from Parker, Dealer quoted me a price of 1185.00 new, but that was for a bait tank that was a little larger than yours after his markup. :lol: Also included pump, hose and all fittings.
I read some threads that qutoed prices for the bait tank from the vendor for around 800.00, so with shipping I am looking between 800.00 and 900.00.

So it looks like we are pretty well even on all.

http://www.arrigonidesign.com/leanpost.htm

Your call, I can use your bait tank, but I do not understand the warranty issue. I know that people on here had made modifactions to their boats, new. You would just have to make sure you seal it with 3M Sealant where screws was applied and on the bottom of the foot of the legs to keep all moisture out. I will leave that decesion up to you, for it is your call on that.

What, did they want to sell you the leaning post also? I bet they did. :lol:

Sounds like an easy $2000.00 dollar job. :lol:

I will unwrap it tomorrow and take some pictures, I will not put it together, this unit has never been installed. The seat and hinges have to be installed to the storage compartment. The way it was shipped.

Captain John,
When I set out to find a leaning post (and I have found a few), I thought removing my bait-well would just be a matter of unscrewing it and covering the plumbing access hole with a deck-plate. However, Parker insist a deck-plate and counter sunk screws will not suffice from a structural integrity standpoint...They therefore recommend that I have a dealer glass over the screw holes and plumbing access. That sounds a bit like overkill to me, but I understand where they're coming from with regard to their warranty. Truthfully, I'm not real worried about the hull warranty....if they didn't think the boat would hold up, they wouldn't offer it.
So, here's the deal... It's really a waste of space and purpose for me to own the bait-well...but I don't want the sole of my boat to look like some monkey pulled it out and put a band-aid over it. Give me this weekend to inspect it further (may have to unscrew it) and take a hard look at the task at hand. If I decide to pull it, I'll sell it to you for $800. HOWEVER, I am not willing to purchase your leaning post. While it is a premium post, it has a few bells and whistles that I don't need and (more importantly) it is too large for my 18' boat.

Sorry/Thanks

the very same livewell/seat that comes standard on the 18CC can be ordered for other Parker models. in FL they are very popular and come on many of the 2320s as an option. it is a great livewell. it keeps even the smallest most delicate baits alive, even on the very long runs i make.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-04360.jpg
    J3072x2304-04360.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 247
  • J3072x2304-03182_2.jpg
    J3072x2304-03182_2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 247
Ragtop, Parker called me back, the price was wrong on the tank, you can call if you wish, they sell it new for $800.00.
Meet me half way, I will give you $650.00 for it if you decide to pull it, and I will drive from Florida to N.C. to pick it up, and we both do not have to worry about getting it shipped and we can meet face to face and have a cup of coffee.

The dealer quoted the wrong price on the tank and bow pulpit, I am glad, for they quoted me 1299.99 on tank and 850.00 on bow pulpit, now when Parker called back, the price of the tank is $800.00 and pulpit is $426.00, I thought that was a little high, I was thinking that Parker Boats was like buying a expensive yaucht.lol Oh well.

Made my day a little better anyway.

Have a great day,
John

Got company (Earl) coming tomorrow...but this weekend I'll take a closer look at what's involved and I'll get back to you.

John,
I pulled the live well / helm seat out of my boat this afternoon and it's for sale if you're still interested.

Let me know,

Ron

Back