Hey everyone, new Parker is listing to the Starboard!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, my new 2320 Pilot House Parker (extended transom, single engine in case it matters) has been in the water for a month. It has a slight starboard list, I would say about an inch. Its noticable, but has not gotten any worse. The place I bought it has been very responsive and given me some suggestions, one being the batteries should be moved to the port side as much as possible. Only two batterys and have my doubts about that, but they are centered and one is to the starboard so I am going to move this weekend. Got an email from them today saying becuase of the helm inside that may just be normal. My first thought was you sell these boats and your not sure if this is normal or not? Again they have been very nice and helpful, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experinced this, what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance for your help, this is alot of money and want to figure it out!! Angus

It's normal! Perform a search and you'll see similar feedback on the starboard list. My 2520 waterline is 1 inch higher on the starboard side to account for it.

Hey Jim, thanks so much for the feedback. I hope some others will chime in as I would love to hear from some other Parker owners as well. I do appreciate the responce, makes me feel better. I love the boat, but alot of money and want to make sure all is OK. Have a great day!

Yes, it is an often mentioned anomaly. Totally normal.
If you look at the photo of my cabin below, you can see the helm to starboard, and the entrance to the v-berth to port.
That is a lot of fiberglass there on the starboard side.

In addition, all of the cables and wiring, as well as my rear steering station are to starboard.
I don't worry about it because it doesn't affect her when running.

If you want to counter the lean, put your heavier storage items to port.

Attachments

• helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
Hey Kevin, sir I feel much better after reading some other posts and yours I have found on the issue. I guess it would be hard to sell this boat if the salesman said oh by the way when you put her in the water she will list. Me and my nephew (first mate and a great one) added a lot of electronics to the boat, etc. Just caught me off guard and while I feel I had a very good buying experince the salesman has pretty much acted as if he has never heard of this before. I am not to worried about it after reading a lot of information on this site. Thanks so much and plan to post some photos later! Have a great summer sir! By the way, yes we did take her out before we boat, but did not notice a list then, but it never really sat still for very long ether.

Hey Dave, thanks for the added comment. I guess it owuld be hard for these guys to sell these boats telling folks this up front, but in the end I understand looking at the big picture. I am very happy with the boat and when running its not an issue at all. Love the logo, name on your boat by the way! :D

Back