Hey, watch your wake!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is VERY real just check "youtube" see blue angels high speed low pass , one even goes under the bridge NO way its fake. Hope that puts an end to it now lets go fishing !

Didnt see the other jet photos but these two are faked.

I put both of these through a photo shop analysis.

1st problem is that the jets in each photo are of a differant resolution then the background, that becomes readily apparant at about a 400% blowup. 2nd as I pointed out is that the background does not show through the canopy on either jet, it shows blue sky instead. You could say that it a result of reflected light but that is not the case as the pilots yellow helmet can be seen.

3rd, there is the problem of the disappearing sailboat mast, not only have the mast been erased in the process but it created a sharp 'exhaust' line without the typical wave effect of heat exhaust. The whole area has the tell tell characteristics of the blur tool in photoshop.

Another problem is the shockwave effect on the water. Close inspection shows that it is almost beneath the planes tail section, I'm sure our pilot friends out there will tell you that that wave pattern is not going to follow in lock step with the aircraft.

And, moving right along, there is the vapor trail under the fusalage that has far too sharp an edge on it for a vapor trail.

And to really put it to rest I shot an e-mail off to the Blue Angels via their web site. Will let you know in a few days.

Flying underneath large structures is dangerous and exciting, but is not really new.

I have a distant relative (Charles Herbert Veil) who flew his airplane through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris during a huge parade celebrating the end of World War I. According to written reports, he was drunk and/or drugged up. He flew low over the field and turned his plane 90-deg at the last minute to go through the arc vertically.

Charles Herbert Veil joined the Lafayette Escadrille to fly against the Germans as an American expat. He flew throughout World War I. Some of his exploits are written up in an out-of-print book called: "Adventure's A Wench". The book is a great adventure story; I am not sure where the truth ends and his imagination kicks in. It is fun to live vicariously through the adventures of an ancestor, although he sounds like quite a rogue character.

I feel certain that I have seen photos of his flight through the Arc many years ago. A few years back, I did a thorough Internet search to find the photos again, but had no success. If any of you know where I can find the photo, please let me know.

Sounds like someone had some pretty cool adventures in aviation way back when.

The main hazard with flying in the vicinity of bridges is really NOT the obvious....hitting the bridge....but instead is FODing a modern jet engine with a bird strike, as most bridges are havens for pigeons, hawks, and other birds. Of course losing an engine in such close proximity to the water would spell disaster for the crew and also spectators in this case.

jim

What handles the bay chop better the hornet or a 23 dvsc? any hornet owners out there. Thanks!

I don't know about you guy's, but if a Blue Angel were flying across my stern, I would be watching.
Fellow on cruiser (picture #1)must have Pamela Anderson sun bathing on his deck, because he sure isn't watching flyby.... curious?

Back