Hi everyone! so when did the first Parker roll out of the mo

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywotty

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Scott, as you may be able to surmise from my avitar :p anyhow, I live in Southern California and I just got my first Parker
a few months ago. This site was recommended by a buddy who also owns a Parker, so I figured "Lets go check it out"

I have a few questions as I'm sure most new Parker owners do:

1) When did the first Parker roll off the line? I'm curios as to how old mine really is( mine is a 1991 2520 DV sport cabin)
2) who are the real guru's of Parkers? I am going to do a repower and would love to know what others did and if they were satisfied w/ their decisions. I'm thinking Diesel!
3)Does anyone have any drawings/schematics that would include my boat that they would be willing to share w/ me? I have contacted Robin and Eric @ Parker several times, but, unfortunatly they weren't too much help.

I have many, many, more but, I don't want to inundate everyone just yet :shock:

Thanks for reading this far and I hope to become a contributing member of this great site!

Scotty

scottywotty":38dzxdd9 said:
1) When did the first Parker roll off the line? I'm curios as to how old mine really is( mine is a 1991 2520 DV sport cabin)

The web site says that the first Parkers were built in the late 1960's.
The older ones were known as Sou`westers, then Sou`wester by Parker, then Parker Sou`wester, then finally just Parker.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/about/index.html

If you look through the projects section, you will probably find answers to many of your questions.
We have outboard boats represented here, as well as I/O's and inboards in gas as well as diesel.
Try the search function first, then the topic specific sections starting at the oldest posts.
You will be amazed at what you will find here.

Welcome aboard!

Hey Scotty!

Welcome!
Glad you finally signed up.
What the does the boat currently have for power? Outboard or inboard?

It has a Volvo penta 290 drive w/ a smallblock chevy, I am looking into the yanmar 300hp and the Volvo D4 300hp
I am pretty sure this will be my last boat, so, I wanna make it nice for long trips to far off places where the state government hasen't closed it off to fishing! I've always admired the Parkers, I remember seeing yours(before I knew it was yours). at SBI inbetween Shag and the island, you guys were diving one of my favorite hali spots!

Thanks for sending me to this site! I've been enthralled in the project section I have been looking at it for two days and have only gotten through two pages! :shock: lots of fun! I'm getting lots of answers.

Thanks again bud!

Scotty

The problem with the D4 bigger than the 225 is that it then has two belts because of the belt driven blower. I had an older Volvo Diesel with a blower and we had multiple belt failures. The Parker 25 has plenty of spunk with the 225! Wide open it does 28-29 kts and cruises easy at 23 kts well off of wide open. I have been running it now for about 4 years and am still delighted with the upgrade. If there is any complaint it is that my boat is now a bit stern heavy. I put in a stainless tank which added some weight vs the aluminum which might have been a mistake. Also I put in a 40 gallon water tank just in front of the engine and when it is full and the main is full of diesel and then I top my 80 gallon bait tank I am Really HEAVY! Running with half fuel which gives me a couple hundred miles range it doesn’t matter that all the other stuff is full, half fuel is about 85 gallons which is plenty for a serious one day fishing trip. I would consider getting another Parker and putting on an OXE Diesel Outboard. Has anyone had any experience with one of the new Diesel outboards?

Back