Hi, Maybe-to-be-owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cker

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Chuck and I've been without a boat for some time now. Had a fight with Homeowner's Association and sold my 19'6" SeaPro Skiff and have missed having a boat since then. Retired, just wife and I, sometimes kids and grandkids. Will probably use boat for exploring ICW in SC and NC areas and might venture a mile or so outside in good weather. Really like the looks of the Parker Pilothouse (20-25') and only wish that it came equipped with a little pocket diesel. Scared to death of I/O arrangements after seeing some very horrible examples. Would like to find used, maybe equipped with Hondas. Not interested in waterskiing or trolling at 40 knots, just power enough to get where I'm going.
Glad to be here and would like any recommendations about the ideal Parker for an old coot.
Chuck

Hey Cker,

We run a 2120 up and down the ICW - she's towed out of Spartanburg, SC in the winter but spends summers up near Chicago. We've got her rigged to sleep 3, with rooftop air conditioning. The A/C gen also runs a microwave, coffee maker and electric cooker (and electric heater when required).

We'll pull her just about anywhere. Here's a few pics to wet your whistle.

FL Panhandle
IMG_0706.jpg

Mackinac Bridge
IMG_2034.jpg

Charleston SC
Carrier.jpg

Ferry from Washington Island WI
WashingtonIsland.jpg

Equalizer hitch
Equalizer.jpg

Would be fun to have another Parker along on our adventures...

Thanks for the reply. A little concerned about trailering and hauling something that wide around but I see lots of people hauling pontoons and they seem to have no problem. My last boat was a witch to load and unload and I tried all configurations of winches bunk boards, teflon strips and arrangements. I think it was just never set up properly. I've been looking at the 2520 but it seems a little large. At this point I'm just looking because I don't know what I don't know.
I see various remarks about deadrise and wonder if there are advantages to one over the other (16/21). I think I'm going to need lots of help before I can make an intelligent decision.
Chuck

Nick, Wonder if you could post a few photos or describe how you sleep three in your 2120? I've cruised the areas you are doing up to Montreal and to Key West. Like your shot of Mackinac Bridge.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Jeff
Really like your set up an looks like lunch on
that 2120 just dont get any better. Heres a Question
where do you keep the gen when running to
keep the exault from hitting the gelcoat or engine.How do
stabilze it from being knocked over.I have a portable ac unit
inside where the potapotty was it vents out the anchor box
I hadnt really had the chance to use it running only at the dock.
The gen is the yamaha eu2000 like yours.

This is where the generator is kept while it is in use. We angle the unit so the exhaust has a slight angle out the notch - added a small piece of 2X4 behind the hatch cover to bring it up to the same level. The motor cover gets warm, but so far no problems at all. At the beginning, we did use a 120vac fan to 'direct/dilute' the gen exhaust but found it unnecessary.

The generator is not secured (but there is a small lip on the starboard I used to enlarge the hatch cover), and has never given a hint that it is not happy there.

IMG_6726.jpg

Our original plan was to use an R2D2 (portable unit) because we've had good experience with it in the van,
Alaska05-ALL008.jpg

IMG_6889.jpg

but it takes up valuable real estate in the cabin and has to be secured well. The rooftop unit is really the way to go -- always there, always ready, no complications.

Back