Horndog engine update (FIXED) Thanks everyone

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopShot25

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help, I really appreciate it. Turned out to be the injectors like some of you mentioned.

All in all, I learned how to tear down and trouble shoot the fuel system. Also since it takes time to send out the fuel injectors, I purchased another set of four (refurbished injectors) from Southbay fuel injectors in NY. There were 45 dollars apiece. Had the set delivered to my house for 185 bucks and the people I emailed and spoke with were very helpful.

Just a recap to provide some info that may help someone.
1. I don’t use any fuel additives.
2. I run nothing but Chevron gas.
3. I have 800+ hours on my 2005 Yamaha F-150’s.
4. Basically I use my boat all year so it doesn’t really sit around for long periods of time.
5. My main fuel filter (boat racor 10 micron) had ethanol residue (white powder).
6. The other three fuel filters were very clean, no sign of anything that could clog them.
7. Fuel injectors were definitely the problem. Don’t know if the injectors filters were a problem but there was what looked like hard water residue on the bottom of two of the injectors.

It’s still hard for me to believe that after checking all my filters and finding them clean, that it was the fuel injectors. It must be the ethanol and the fact that it tends to bond with water and drag it through the fuel system. That may be what the residue was on the injectors.

Back