How hot does you 2120 SC run?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjaytjay

Reaction score
Mine is always about 3/4 towards the hot.
Seems to run fine. I wish it was more toward the middle.
2006 Yamaha 150. I changed the impeller (it looked fine)
It that normal?
TIA TJay

2007 2120 w/150 4 stroke Yamaha runs the same as yours and I replaced the impeller at the end of last year. Doesn't seem to affect performance the motor runs great.

I have a 2008 2120 w/150 and it does the same thing. I purchased the boat new and it has done this since the whole year. I guess it is normal. The temp gauge moves up to the three quarter make when i throttle up and run over 3500 RPM. Never get above that and has never over heated.

I have a 06 2120 f150 and temp runs at 3/4 even after replacing thrmostat and water pump

I have the F225 and my starboard motor runs at 3/4 when running over 4000 rpms for long periods while the port motor stays at 1/2. I replaced the housing and impeller rinse with salt away. I figure it has to do more with the guage than the actual temp. I noticed it when running 4.5 hours to the Abacos and it never moved above the 3/4 and it never sounded an alarm so i stopped worrying. I talked to the mechanic and they say that different motors do different things. Like one motor blows more bubbles out the exhaust than the other. As long as the alarms dont go off im a happy camper/boater!

Mine also runs at 3/4 on the temp gauge. The alarm has never sounded.

I was down in the BVI last week and rented a CC with twin F 115's yamahas. I noticed that both ran at 50% on the temp gauges. The boat was an 07, I assume that the motors were also 07's.

mine is alwyas at 1/2 no matter what the RPMs...its an 09'

My temp meter reading stays at the midpoint unless I run a bit over 5200rpm for more than about 15 min. Then sometimes the temp may creep up to about the 3/4 mark. When that happens, I just back down to about 4800rpm or less and she goes right back to the 1/2 way mark.
Just had the 400hr engine service and everything's perfect.

Back