How NOT to cover a boat!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the recent snow/sleet/freezing rain storm followed by high winds, I decided I needed to check the winter cover on the Diamond. As I drove south through Upper Marlboro, I was expcecting the worst. When I got south of Prince Frederick, the ice and snow dissapeared. My boat was A-OK, but others had problems. Pics below show the good/bad/ugly of covers.

Attachments

• BoatCovers 009 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 009 (Small).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BoatCovers 011 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 011 (Small).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BoatCovers 001 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 001 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BoatCovers 003 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 003 (Small).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BoatCovers 005 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 005 (Small).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BoatCovers 006 (Small).jpg
    BoatCovers 006 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,330
I unfortunately didnt cover my boat until monday due to hopes of using it off the coast during if we got some warm weather this winter. Unfortuntely when I asked my wife for some rope she gave me string that I know isnt holding up to the winds and ice we have gotten. I am sure my boat looks like the ones that didnt hold up. We will see for sure tomorrow. I will be surprised if the tarp is how I left it. I usually use clothes line but I didnt have time to get out and get it.

Good job Dave. Not sure if it was your covering, or the boat beneath the cover, but it appears that you dodged the latest bullet. :wink:

Lots of ice here in Annapolis, and I was one of 70,000 without power for almost 24 hours. Not fun when all you have is a gas fireplace to put some heat in the house. :(

could have been worse Kevin... I had to move the family to the inlaws :shock:

(j/k they are very good to us )

Been there, done that. Now have the Sharin' Time under roof in her own storage shed.

Back