How Shallow can you go? – 23’ CC question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlingToad

Reaction score
How Shallow can you go – 23’ CC question

I have seen a lot of discussion on the merits of the 23 CC SE vs. the 23 CC DV. I have searched through much of the discussion forum. The search engine seems to choke on short search strings.

I have been in both on the showroom floor - but have not ridden in either. I like the full transom and bracket on the 23 CC DV. I looked at the Pilot houses, but think I want to stay with a CC for now.

I like to fish the Patuxent River and the Chesapeake Bay. I currently have a skiff.

My question is what is the “real” draft difference between the two boats. The Parker site lists:

* 23 SE Draft: 10”
* 23 DV Draft: 15”

What does this really translate to when fishing the shallows? How shallow can the DV go? Thanks for your comments.

Thanks,

slingToad

I can't answer for the 23', but I'm pretty sure those draft numbers are with the engine up. I have the depth alarm on my 21' DVCC to sound in anything less than 3' of water.

-- Tom

I have the DV. I like at least a couple of feet below my transducer which is located just below my water line. And that is trolling slow speed with engine tilted up.

The DV is NOT a skinny water boat.

TomS and dave-j,

Thanks for the quick replies. I think if I can drift along in about 2 feet of relatively calm water, I can still fish the way I'd like to. I want to cruise along in the Bay chop and still enjoy shallow top water fishing. I can’t get everything with the DV, but I get more of what I want: CC, full gunnel, higher sides etc.

Thanks,

slingToad

My 23 SE would run at depths as shallow as 1.5 ft. Then the motor skeg would start to bottom out. I never got the hull stuck, but I suspect it would go into less than 1 ft.

I can't help you with a 23 CC.

here is a 2520XL in 2 1/2 feet of water.i can run on plane in less than 3 ft.where i fish there is skinny water all over the place.our channel is only about 4 ft most of the time.

Attachments

• horseshoe2 025.JPG
    horseshoe2 025.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 459
Back