How would you mount these?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
I am installing a new set of these under-gunnel LED tubes. They are identical to these in the pics, just longer (31" vs 16").

Since the glass is so thin in that area, I wasn't able to use any screws. So instead I used tie rod bases with double sided sticky tape. They worked okay for a while, but a bunch of them fell off over the winter. I kind of expected that to happen.

I was thinking of maybe using some epoxy or 5200 to glue strips of wood, one strip per light, and then I can attach the tubes however I want. I could waterproof the wood with epoxy, and then paint them with Parker color matched paint. It just seems a little too permanent though. What if I ever want to get them off for some reason?

Any other ideas? :?:

LEDs1.jpg

Pics215Small.jpg

I was thinking maybe some moldings like this would be perfect.

This one is teak. It's only 1/2" though. I need 3/4". And is teak paintable?

TEAKQuarter.jpg

Do they make 3/4" thick starboard? I need six 32" long pieces.

Honestly, I don't even know what kind of tool you'd use to cut that dovetail. :oops:

To cut the dovetail you can use a router and dove tail bit!!! practice on piece of wood 1st!! I have a router and the bit if you want to use it?Just let me know dom and i will bring by you!!!

Megabyte, how have your caulked tie rod bases been holding up? Still strong? How long has it been?

No problem even if you get a big piece of starboard i have table saw that we can use to rip it down to the size that you need no problem at all!!!

Back