Hydraulic Steering Cable length - 2520 -

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnWired

Reaction score
Converting from cable to hydraulic and the boat is sitting across town and it's raining outside and miserable. I want to buy the parts on the internet. Anyone else convert to hydraulic steering and happen to know the length of the hydraulic hoses that I need to purchase? The boat is a 2520, engine is a Yamaha OX66 Saltwater II.

I am going to go with Teflex Seastar Pro system. Anyone have any experience installing one? Is there a big difference between the PRO and the NON-PRO version? I hate the idea of drilling a big hole, but it's required obviously. If no response, I'll call Parker tomorrow, or, run a rope and measure it. Thanks

Can't help other than to re-inforce your decision to use the "Pro" system, pretty sure that's what Parker installs.

I have a 1997 2520 with a notched transom with a merc in the notch. I recently installed the teleflex system and used 26 foot hoses. Instalation was very easy and everything was in the kit. Took about 2 hours all told. i am very happy with the results. NHR

NHR,
Thank you very much for the reply. I almost purchased 24' hoses yesterday and even after measuring the transom and the helm distance, added 4 ft to it, it appeared it was going to be the correct length. I guess I'll go with the 26' hoses as you did.

I don't know what the difference is between their Pro version and the standard, but I suspect it's only the pump. Standard should be more than adequate.

I think I'm going to add the "Tilt wheel" kit they have listed however, that will be the only difference. Not really sure why I feel I need the tilt wheel yet, but hey, might as well. :roll:
Thanks again!!

Back