Installing a stereo in a 2120 Pilot House

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am going to install a simple stereo (cd/radio 2 speakers) and was wondering about speaker placement. Any ideas? Of course we fish as such its nice to hear outside but also after crusing in its also nice to have tunes in the cabin. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Rangers Lead the Way
JC

I put two speakers inside the cabin using the factory bolts, and two under the gunnels. The radio and speakers are all Poly Planar. It sounds pretty good. I don’t crank it up to loud though. Its just for background music.

Attachments

• Radio1.jpg
    Radio1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Radio2.jpg
    Radio2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 406
  • Radio3.jpg
    Radio3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Radio4.jpg
    Radio4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 404
How I did mine on 2320 which is the same cabin.

Cheapo Jensen stereo/CD ($169) and some decent Bose marine speakers ($85 for the pair) from Sam's club. Attached each to the cabin wall with 2 bolts with finish washers visible on the outside. The port side speaker is pointed towards the Captain, and the starboard side is pointed at the bench seat. The reason for mounting the unit at the bottom is to allow for clearance with the support stanchion. Otherwise you have to go with what 96TL did. I installed a dual 12v power plug where his unit is located. That 12v location comes in handy for crew who sit on the bench seat and want to plug in their portable GPS unit. Don't have any speakers mounted in the cockpit area, just the two in the cabin.

No complaints or issues so far.

jim

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 391
Well i did mine little different,my Head unit is same place that 96TL has it but my speakers are little different mine had to be cut into wall in cabin on the bench side of cabit i have 2 and my outside speakers are cot into the jump seats in back of boat facing foward towards cabin so where there mounted is like having them in a bass box!!!Sounds really good and when out on the deck fishing i can fade them so its not so loud and if i am in cabin crusing i swith it up and fade fronts so not blasting in my ears and have the back ones on deck kicking some butt!!!Good Luck!!

Here's where I put my mine. The deck is to the bottom left of the wheel and two speakers are mounted forward in the cabin to the rear seat perches. The other two speakers are located facing the rear up under the gunnels. The stereo remote is mounted to the rear of the PH. Works outstanding. I also have an XM antenna mounted on top of the PH.

Attachments

• stereo collage.jpg
    stereo collage.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 375
Thanks for the great ideas. Appreciate the feedback. See you on the water!

Honestly, if I had to do mine all over again, I would install the radio where Grouperjim installed his. Mine is a pain in the butt to operate if I'm alone. Usually I have someone with me though, and I just let them control the stereo. And I have a remote control too.

The reason I didn't mount mine in the front was because I couldn't take the wheel off and I was afraid of damaging my brand new boat. I would never hear the end of it from my fiancee. 8)

LoL. :lol:

Dom

Back