Installing Drawers Under Bench

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J876

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have a 2020 Parker 2520XL with bench option on port side. Under the bench are two storage compartments which as everyone knows is essentially useless (two large spaces where everything is on top of each other and rolls around). I've read people have installed drawers for storage and someone mentioned this item from Deep Blue Marine fits the specifications of the hole that is already there:

https://www.deepbluemarine.com/products-detail.cfm?ProductID=535
My question is, for those of you who have installed this, it says due to the weight of the drawers it must be supported in the rear. How did you guys go about doing that? There is no access once the drawers compartment is in place from what I can tell. Any advice?

I have never installed these but if you made a brace prior to installing it where as when you pushed the drawer unit into place the back has something to rest on

I bought the drawer set and love them. My set up is the single seat behind the captains chair with a fridge and sink on the port side. I used a scrap piece of starboard to make a leg for the back of the drawer set. I placed the drawer frame in the cut out without the drawers in place. Used a clamp to hold the leg in place, drilled pilot holes and screwed the leg in place behind/outboard of the frame. I also carry 10 life jackets under the drawers that are accessible from the short wide door on my step. There was also enough room behind/outboard of the drawer set to mount my auto pilot pump.
57055476762__22CDE0E2-3149-4DB3-9041-A8D2F7656F62.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the response guys.

Antidote - with the drawers out it's just a frame? On the picture on the website it looks like the drawers slide into an enclosed box.

The sides are covered the back has two braces going across it which are what I screwed the leg to.

Latest posts

Back