is a Parker 2320 SC a deep V or a Mod Vee???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent":2w9nfbal said:
Mine has a single lifting strake so I call a mv
The 'V' for deadrise is measured by the hull angle at the transom and deep-Vs traditionally start @ 20 to 21 degrees.

Sorry :oops: , I had edited your post above as I had thought you had made an error ... mea culpa.

The number of lifting strakes has nothing to do with it, less they can increase performance by reducing the wetted surface whilst running. I had always thought that all Parker models had 1 strake on the mod-Vs (14 or 16-degree deadrise) and 2 on the deep-Vs of 21-degrees.

Thank you for all the replies! My head is spinning with all the variations I have seen such as sc, xl, etc. is there a sheet that shows all the variations in dead rise in reference to the specific years and models? A cheat sheet if u will? I get lost with all the abb. that Parker uses...

SC = Sport Cabin, early ones were 14-degree (Mod-V) or 21-degree (Deep-V). Need to look at the strakes as noted above.

SE = Sport Edition, mostly for their CCs, dicated mod-V boats, early ones 14-degree and current 16-degree deadrise

XL = New moniker or model for SC boats, 16-degree deadrise

XLD = Deep-V (21-degree) version of the XL sport cabin model

... when in doubt, look at the running bottom and count the lifting strakes.

Back