Is it possible to unbolt the bowsprit on a 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmjewett

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a buyer for my 2520 but his marina won't let him have a boat longer than 32' with the motor tipped up. i'm a foot or 2 too long. Does anyone know for sure whether the bowsprit can be removed without doing any serious damage or raising structural lissues.

Thanks,
Tom

It can be removed, but you might need to do some cleanup work to include either sealing the bolt holes, or putting bolts and sealant in the old holes.
Not structural.

Clarify ... do you mean remove the bow rail or pulpit?

Pulpit can be removed and then I'd cut rail short of the bow and use replacement SS rail joints to make a new piece at the bow.

Should be simple!

I removed mine (pulpit on 2520) a few years ago, buddy had done his on a 2320 and said it was cake, although, mine was not so much. I believe they used 5200 to seal it to the deck, as I unbolted, had to use a 6'pry bar, jacks and a crapload of muscle, pealed the gel coat and the fiberglass right off I had to reglass where the pulpit was, then gel coat :/ it was my first experience doing any work and was very happy with the results, and did what dale said with stainless couplings and bent a piece of rail myself. PITA, but I stuck out to far in my slip, and people were hitting it anyways. I think my buddies 2320 had a different sealant, as he was able to peal it of the deck very easily.

Mike, I thought I was responding to you by pm, but it was another member, when I sold my 25, the pulpit went with it, my buddy may still have his, but he removed it at least 8 years ago, I'll shoot him a text in the morning, if he's looking to get rid of it, I'll have him jump on this site, I think he may be a member already.

Back