Kicker Install Part 3 of 3 - Thank God...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Sorry. I told you it was pic intense.

Attachments

• 12192008 068 (Small).jpg
    12192008 068 (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 12192008 073 (Small).jpg
    12192008 073 (Small).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,454
  • separator quarter inch.JPG
    separator quarter inch.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,454
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,454
TOL

Awesome self install and pictorial, pictures are always nice. :wink: You'll have to give us a performance report after first trip out.

Tight Lines
Catfish

optimaxfish":2yscbr30 said:
Looks great. Do you have a way to "lock" kicker to boat? IMO, about half the used kickers for sale are stolen.

Nope. Haven't gotten that far yet. Don't know if I will bother with it for several reasons:

1) My boat is high on my lift and power is turned off at the breaker in house. Thieves would have a hard time reaching it much less have a stable platform on which to execute. Otherwise, if the boat is not on a lift, it's in the water with me on it. If they tried to steal it with me on it or nearby, they would be quickly introduced to my friend "Sig".

2) Even if the motor was locked to the kicker bracket and the kicker bracket was locked to the transom bracket, if a thief really wants that kicker, he'll just take a chain saw and cut the transom bracket, kicker bracket included.

3) It's insured.

Bryan A":3obkf2nc said:
Looks like the Other Line is feeling better. :D :D :D

Nice job on the install.

It's why I'm feeling better..... :wink:

A little tinkering does wonders for your mental health.

TheOtherLine":247jkfyz said:
Bryan A":247jkfyz said:
Looks like the Other Line is feeling better. :D :D :D

Nice job on the install.

It's why I'm feeling better..... :wink:

A little tinkering does wonders for your mental health.

I hear that, I have been so busy lately I need some Parker time to make me sane again.

Potter built like mine???

0010.jpg

Panther connecting rod came in today. Waiting for the drive unit that connects to the SeaStar.

Having to jerry rig a bracket on the kicker to connect the rod to because the electric start module uses the hole that the rod is supposed to connect to. Nothing is ever easy.... :roll:

Will show pics when done.

All done. Very easy job. I purchased the drive adapter which connect the rod coming from the kicker to the main motor. BUT, you don't need it and can save about $75. All you have to do is use the clamps that come with the basic rod, and connect those to the hydraulic ram.

I just didn't want anything on the Ram that might scratch, jam or gouge it, so I bought the adapter.

Attachments

• 12192008 056 (Small).jpg
    12192008 056 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 12192008 055 (Small).jpg
    12192008 055 (Small).jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 12192008 059 (Small).jpg
    12192008 059 (Small).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,065
optimaxfish":1r7vnc46 said:
I see from Fla Sportsman, the kings will be in in 2-3 weeks..........are yer ready? Got yer livewell?

Kings are here. Livewell ready to go....for opening of Grouper season. Don't care about the Kings.

TheOtherLine:
I may have missed it in this thread, but can you please supply some details on that connecting rod? Is it a Yamaha part? Where did you get it? Does it work with either engine up-down/tilted?

As you know I have the same set up as you and didn't like the EZ Steer.

Thanks,

John

John_Madison CT":1lmo3p3s said:
TheOtherLine:
I may have missed it in this thread, but can you please supply some details on that connecting rod? Is it a Yamaha part? Where did you get it? Does it work with either engine up-down/tilted?

As you know I have the same set up as you and didn't like the EZ Steer.

Thanks,

John

The connecting rod is made by Marinetech and marketed under the name of Panther and Goldeneye. They make a zinc version and a stainless version. It is NOT a Yamaha part. I've seen the stainless version as low as $45. The basic rod is 24" and you can cut it if it's too long.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1

If you need more rod than that, they make a 36" one but it's much more expensive. The basic rod "clamps" on to your hydraulic arm and while I'm sure it's ok, I just didn't want anything on that arm so I spent the extra $ and got the adapter, which is what you see in the picture.

It works with either engine up-down titled. So the main can be up and the kicker down and visa versa. Or, you can remove it entirely by just compressing the spring loaded fitting that houses the ball joint. Takes 5 seconds.

I looked at the EZ steer system and it seemed to be a lot of money and I didn't like the way it connected to the foot of the motor.

TOL: Thanks Bud. I'll have to measure it up. I bet it's 36.5", as that's the story of my life. :?

I appreciate the info. I may be back for more questions.

John

Back